SWFC on this day 27 years ago

A brilliant day!  I'll always remember us all singing "it should have been 10 -1".

It was true, we created so many chances that day.

Maybe a legacy that still goes on and on. 

• Like 2

Just now, Kevan said:

A brilliant day!  I'll always remember us all singing "it should have been 10 -1".

It was true, we created so many chances that day.

Maybe a legacy that still goes on and on. 

Probably the best goalkeeping display I’ve ever seen live I think by Kelly.. otherwise it would’ve been, oh and the crossbar.

• Like 1

Good work there by the official FA Cup team to get the year wrong by four 🙄

I think we have to admit this was as good as it ever got. The pinnacle of being a post-war Wednesdayite. We hammered the pigs at Wembley and booked ourselves a second cup final. Think we were 4th or 5th in the league as well after a slow start so there probably would’ve been an argument to say we were the best team in England at that moment. As a naive teenager I thought this was now our rightful place in English football. And then it went downhill…..

The league form dropped off as injuries and fixture pileups took hold, we lost both cup finals and thereby failed to qualify for Europe despite being in contention on three fronts. And while the following season was good, it heralded the end of our little glory period. And since then, mostly mediocrity and misery.

Anyway, enjoy your day folks lol

• Like 1

We need a statue of The Waddler

You all know the pose from this game

It could bring us good luck if you rub his, ...you know, ....on his shorts ......

The sad statistic is that it's the longest amount of time between cup final appearances.

1935- 1966 31 years

1993- 2025 32 years and counting

Thank God for the playoffs at least our young supporters still have a chance of seeing Wednesday at Wembley

• Like 1

Never experienced a goal like it...

At Wembley, against the Bl*des, at the start of the game and we were right in line with the trajectory.

As soon as The Waddler hit it, we could track the ball into the top corner. A goal as soon as he hit it.

Wonderful!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Geedee said:

The sad statistic is that it's the longest amount of time between cup final appearances.

1935- 1966 31 years

1993- 2025 32 years and counting

Thank God for the playoffs at least our young supporters still have a chance of seeing Wednesday at Wembley

My Grandad's 20th birthday was in 1935 and he saw us in the FA Cup Final  (no idea about his Dad but it's entirely possible that he was 21 in 1907)

My Dad was 21 in 1966 and went to the FA Cup Final that year

I was 21 when I went to the 1993 FA Cup Final

My son's 21st birthday will be in 2028 and he'll still be 21 at the time of the 2029 final  - BELIEVE!!!

• Like 4
  • Love 1