Season tickets sold for next season?

1 minute ago, Plonk said:

Ah I understand now. Thanks. 
mind given we’ve only sold 10k season tickets and nobody will pay £60 for potd tickets it’s not going to be needed. We should be able to get everyone in the south and just open the kop for the derbies with Donny and chesterfield. 

That’ll be the following season.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, striker said:

He likes the up front revenue, but Chansiri doesnt like season tickets. He sees them as an inconvenience, him subsidising ticket prices. He would rather everyone pay his matchday ticket prices.

You are correct though that it's a financial problem for the club, but then whenever has financial literacy and Chansiri been considered in the same sentence. 

Absolutely. But our home POTD is very small - he has forced those that can afford to buy season tickets into doing so - even if for many it means taking the finance route. It is a policy of his own making, creating extremely high potd prices - which he uses to milk the away supporters. In league One away support is low - so he is screwed either way. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

Absolutely. But our home POTD is very small - he has forced those that can afford to buy season tickets into doing so - even if for many it means taking the finance route. It is a policy of his own making, creating extremely high potd prices - which he uses to milk the away supporters. In league One away support is low - so he is screwed either way.

Yes, that's what you get when a trust fund idiot with an IQ lower than an orange is allowed to buy a football club.

Edited by striker
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Didn’t the club make an announcement at the end of the early bird window that we’d sold “over 10k” tickets?

So just guessing we’d sold somewhere in the region of 12k at that point, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to predict a total amount of around 15k season tickets for next season as the vast majority will buy in the early bird window given the price hikes on this seasons prices.

I’m not sure how that measures up to this seasons figures but given the clubs huge reliance on income from ticket sales, I honestly think our average gates over a season are going to need to fall to around the 14k mark before Chancer even starts to think about selling up.

I think we need to drop to newer depths over the next few seasons before that happens.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Didn’t the club make an announcement at the end of the early bird window that we’d sold “over 10k” tickets?

So just guessing we’d sold somewhere in the region of 12k at that point, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to predict a total amount of around 15k season tickets for next season as the vast majority will buy in the early bird window given the price hikes on this seasons prices.

I’m not sure how that measures up to this seasons figures but given the clubs huge reliance on income from ticket sales, I honestly think our average gates over a season are going to need to fall to around the 14k mark before Chancer even starts to think about selling up.

I think we need to drop to newer depths over the next few seasons before that happens.

I'd imagine if we had sold over 12k at that point - then they would have said they had sold over 12k. I don't think we will be at the 12k point yet - in my opinion of course.

• Like 1

Just now, TheEnchanter said:

I'm expecting a Reading like season next year. 

If that speeds up the exit of Chansiri I’d be all for it.

I would honestly take League 2 football the season after next if it meant him leaving the club and us bottoming out and getting to start again with a fresh slate.

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Yes

And I'm guessing within that are the long term multi year season tickets, included to make the figure look better

So let's say 10,500 have sold

That's around half of season ticket holders who have said 'no thanks' this time and not renewed

That's a serious decline

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I'm expecting a Reading like season next year. 

I'm expecting a Relegation fighting season.

I cannot see us paying top wages, again, to bring Players ready for a Promotion scrap and I believe that Rholl will be gone before we kick a ball next season.

• Like 1

I haven’t renewed our 3 tickets yet.  I probably will though. 

I think the likelihood next season is Wednesday in L1 with a new manager and six or seven new faces in the team who are on short term contracts or loans.    A cycle of despair will continue until we have new ownership and I don’t see this happening imminently for two reasons: 

1. DC is as stubborn as he is inept.  He is also a narcissist who is incapable of coping with a parting of the ways. 
2. A significant proportion of the fan base are terrified at the thought of DC going because they are either; imbeciles, blinded by loyalty or overcome with a fear of the unknown. All are understandable and valid reasons. 

I think we are going to have more of the same for the next few years unfortunately.  The great shame is that in Röhl, we had a genuine chance to break free of this but the opportunity has been wasted by our total fluckwit of an owner. 

31 minutes ago, Grassy knoll said:

The only positive in all this , would be if the idiot owner finally realised it was time for him to fizz off 

This was my stance in 2021

Thought we'd bottom out and start again

But then we signed some decent players with a large wage budget

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nickswfc said:

Impossible to say without knowing matchday prices but I think we'll still scrape a 20k average if we go down and we're doing well. I agree they'll be a drop though.

Absolute cheapest will have to be this given current season ticket prices, but this is based on him freezing phase 3 if we go down.

£22 Kop

£27 North

£31 South

FWIW I think we'll stay up

In the last phase of season tickets sales, the average price per game was:

Kop £22.17

North/Grandstand £27.83

South £31.30

Even if season ticket prices are held at phase 3 prices, POTG prices are going to be around £5 or £6 more.

So going to be £28, £33,£37 at the very least. How many are going to pay those prices in League One.

Last season the cheapest POTG prices were £26/£29/£32.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Yes

And I'm guessing within that are the long term multi year season tickets, included to make the figure look better

So let's say 10,500 have sold

That's around half of season ticket holders who have said 'no thanks' this time and not renewed

That's a serious decline

In the absence of any form of mass protest from fans, this is the only thing that might actually make him sit up and take notice.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Neil!!!! Tell me a time when POTG never come to support the club when it was doing well. Any time at all…. 

If we are doing well the fans will come back, Chansiri will laugh his ass off as all these fans who protested against buying cheaper season tickets pay again through the nose to support their club. 

As tragic as he is, as horrible as the pricing is, we’re always delivering big crowds even playing terrible football and losing week in week out. 

In Chansiri's first play off season - the season in which he first hiked POTG prices and the season in which we played the best football for many years  - we averaged 22,641. That was 1400 less than three years before when we finished 18th and only 700 more than the previous year when we finished 13th.  As far as I know since then it is the rise in ST sales that has been the main factor in relatively high average attendances figures. 

• Like 4

I still have a season ticket for next season.

Just couldn't imagine Wednesday at home on a Saturday afternoon and me not being there.

But I used to go to all the away matches too and once I knocked that on the head about 6 or 7 years ago its surprising how much you don't miss it after a few weeks.

• Like 1