Season tickets sold for next season?

34 minutes ago, andypandy said:

The star piece to me reads it is referring to the season kick off by the wording used.

However in minutes released from Supporters Engagement Panel meeting last month it has been confirmed that more than 13,000 had been sold as of early March despite the uncertainty around whether it’ll be for the Championship or League One, which is around 5,000 off what was sold by the time the current campaign got underway.

so far this season we have sold 13,000 this is in comparison to 18,000 sold when the 23/24 season kicked off.

so we are basically 5,000 short of that but also have 4 months to make up the difference.

42 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

No. Think it may be the wording of the piece. A bit of confusion regarding whether Joe meant by the start of the season - or by this point last season.

It clear says in 'By the time the current season kicked off' no confusion unless he's mistaken

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, darklord said:

so far this season we have sold 13,000 this is in comparison to 18,000 sold when the 23/24 season kicked off.

so we are basically 5,000 short of that but also have 4 months to make up the difference.

We had hope for the future of life in the Championship.

Then Daftjon threw the club under the first bus to pass Hillsboro.

1 minute ago, kirksandallowl said:

@YesWeCrann Sorry to bother you, but some people in this thread need clarification on the 18,000 figure, was that at the same stage last season or at the start of the current season?

It's like I said - by the time this season started. The start of the current season.

Just now, YesWeCrann said:

It's like I said - by the time this season started. The start of the current season.

So, we had sold 18,000 season tickets by August 2023? 

Just now, YesWeCrann said:

That was my understanding, yeah.

So, one would anticipate we will be under that number by the time next season starts. 

Staying up in the Championship will see a few more buy tickets, but I'm struggling to see another 5,000 investing in a season ticket this time round. 

2 minutes ago, YesWeCrann said:

Not meaning to come across as an arse, but last summer you wrote this:

"Wednesdayites have turned up in the numbers in recent matches, with over 44,000 of them making the trip to Wembley as they saw the Owls beat Barnsley to secure a spot in the Championship, and after around 17,500 season tickets were sold last year, it is understood that they are already well in excess of this number heading into 2023/24."

'Well in excess of 17,500' would suggest a figure a bit higher than 18,000, no?

Then we have @royalowlisback confidently stating that we have 21,000 season ticket holders for the current season.

I can't find anything published by the club regarding this.

It all seems as clear as mud.

🤷‍♂️

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

"Wednesdayites have turned up in the numbers in recent matches, with over 44,000 of them making the trip to Wembley as they saw the Owls beat Barnsley to secure a spot in the Championship, and after around 17,500 season tickets were sold last year, it is understood that they are already well in excess of this number heading into 2023/24."

Then we have @royalowlisback confidently stating that we have 21,000 season ticket holders for the current season.

🤷‍♂️

Very little is officially confirmed by the club, can only go on what I've been told. If 21,000 is right then I stand corrected.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, YesWeCrann said:

Very little is officially confirmed by the club, can only go on what I've been told. If 21,000 is right then I stand corrected.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. 

It seems odd that the club don't release figures for this, as many others seem to. Par for the course though, I suppose...

10 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

🤷‍♂️

There are ever around 8k tickets available for each home league game as soon as they go on sale, therefore unless there are 3k tickets that aren't for sale, but then get included in the attendance,  what other explanation could there be for the disparity?

What I think we can agree on is the club has squandered a huge opportunity to build on the momentum it had last season. 

That we are still getting average attendances of around 25k is remarkable given how utterly sh*t we are. 

Very little chance we will be getting that on average next season. Heck, if/when we drop to League One, we might be hovering around that 20k mark. 

Who would have thought running the club like a joke and ripping off/insulting fans would have consequences. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

There are ever around 8k tickets available for each home league game as soon as they go on sale, therefore unless there are 3k tickets that aren't for sale, but then get included in the attendance,  what other explanation could there be for the disparity?

Dunno.

I assume you've already factored in reduced capacity thanks to SAG?

Unless the '18,000 sold' doesn't include multi-season tickets sold in previous seasons?

So we might have sold 18,000 season ticket last season but have 21,000 season ticket holders (3000 of whom bought in previous years)?

That's all I can suggest, really.

30 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Dunno.

I assume you've already factored in reduced capacity thanks to SAG?

Unless the '18,000 sold' doesn't include multi-season tickets sold in previous seasons?

So we might have sold 18,000 season ticket last season but have 21,000 season ticket holders (3000 of whom bought in previous years)?

That's all I can suggest, really.

Yeah I've done that - if it wasn't 21k season tickets (and was 18k as suggested) then there would be just over 11k tickets available to home supporters for each match - home capacity currently 29700 ish.

All very odd either way - why is everything at the club so cloak and dagger?

• Like 1

My interpretation is the 13,000 tickets sold, are made up of renewals and new, and maybe does not include the longer term tickets that roll over, so the figure for last year I assume was 18,000 renewals etc, plus the longer giving the figure of 21,000 I have seen written here.

6 minutes ago, andypandy said:

My interpretation is the 13,000 tickets sold, are made up of renewals and new, and maybe does not include the longer term tickets that roll over, so the figure for last year I assume was 18,000 renewals etc, plus the longer giving the figure of 21,000 I have seen written here.

You may well be right. Next question, does the 13k include the longer term tickets or not? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2