3 minutes ago, maidstoneowl said:

Compared to ours, it is a brilliant surface.

And there was a monsoon for the first 20 minutes of that match, as anyone who watched will know.

What you comparing?….Stockport pitch today compared to ours more than 2 weeks ago in prime growing season?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, onslow said:

Can’t blame Chansiri for the South Stand roof.

But the fact we keep advertising for a new Head groundsman every year probably does have something to do with the overall situation 

New Head Groundsman asks "Where's the state of the art pitch maintenance equipment the chairman told me about".

IMG_0275.thumb.jpeg.12a009cfe2b71120744611338d0f6125.jpeg

• Haha 8

Chansiri reportedly spent £1m on the desso pitch. Which is money well spent. However …

he hasn’t paid anything in the upkeep of it. 

it’s like if you bought a brand new car then never spent another penny on maintenance 

yes you will get a few trouble free years but eventually it will break down 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ANDY said:

Chansiri reportedly spent £1m on the desso pitch. Which is money well spent. However …

he hasn’t paid anything in the upkeep of it. 

it’s like if you bought a brand new car then never spent another penny on maintenance 

yes you will get a few trouble free years but eventually it will break down 

Ipswich saying they spent MILLIONS on their new pitch, ours was a million, was ours a slight second? Part worn? 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Almat said:

Was going to post the exact same thread! Stockport's pitch looks superb. What the heck is happening at Hillsborough under Chansiri? 

Stockport is on high ground and quite a sandstone strata in the area so decent drainage, ours is on a floodplain.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I seem to remember reading that one of our previous short lived Head Groundsman didn't know how to maintain a Desso pitch resulting in damage to the Desso fibres.

Not sure if that's something that can be rectified without completely ripping out the Desso fibres and starting again.

11 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Stockport is on high ground and quite a sandstone strata in the area so decent drainage, ours is on a floodplain.

I dont know about  stockport  but we've had problems with the  pitch a long  time before chansiri arrived and your probably right about ours .  

18 hours ago, agentwalker said:

We have got some grow lights, but only enough to cover a small area of the pitch at anyone time. If you look at the prem sides they've got lights to cover the entire pitch 24/7.

Is Chansiri diversifying into Chansiribis - the legitimate cannabis business grown under the Hillsborough floodlights to aid injured players / athletes recovery?

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

I dont know about  stockport  but we've had problems with the  pitch a long  time before chansiri arrived and your probably right about ours .  

Obviously doesn't help training on ours and the wet weather we have had....not forgetting investment, although don't spend much on my lawn and growing grass seems quite straight forward at our house.

3 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

, although don't spend much on my lawn and growing grass seems quite straight forward at our house.

it might not if you had  22 footballer running over it for  90 minutes ......

9 hours ago, torryowl said:

With the wet weather this winter, it wouldn't surprise me if Hillsborough had a ground water issue.

Said it before but I don't think our Desso was done properly or maybe Desso did their bit but the pre-work wasn't done to standard.

Cos I thought it looked 'off' from the very start. Didn't look quite like what was seen at other grounds. 
Can't put my finger on it but it never looked right from day one to me.

• Like 1