I have the perfect solution to make our pitch look pristine.

In the summer of 1982 the Pope visited my hometown of Canterbury, the grass had taken a beating by the dry hot summer and looked awful. The council didn't want it to look bad for the pope, so they just spray painted it green.

Looked superb afterwards-problem solved!

33 minutes ago, thesouthowl said:

I have the perfect solution to make our pitch look pristine.

In the summer of 1982 the Pope visited my hometown of Canterbury, the grass had taken a beating by the dry hot summer and looked awful. The council didn't want it to look bad for the pope, so they just spray painted it green.

Looked superb afterwards-problem solved!

Great place Canterbury, my brother lives there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

Great place Canterbury, my brother lives there.

It's got to be the worst place to get in and out during busy times due to the ring road, but yes not a bad place. 

More students than local people due to having 2 universities, so can be an expensive place to live-but where isn't now?

41 minutes ago, thesouthowl said:

It's got to be the worst place to get in and out during busy times due to the ring road, but yes not a bad place. 

More students than local people due to having 2 universities, so can be an expensive place to live-but where isn't now?

Yeh, my brother lives in Westbere and I've been stuck on the ring road many times getting there. I tend to by-pass that now and come in via the Herne Bay Road to Sturry.

• Like 1

Playing devils advocate a bit, but you might think we'd be used to it being crap and use it to our advantage bit more. When all these fancy dans turn up stroking it about tiki-taka style, you might expect it to work in our favour.

Sadly, it doesn't seem that way this season.. 🙁  

On 23/03/2024 at 19:03, onslow said:

Can’t blame Chansiri for the South Stand roof.

But the fact we keep advertising for a new Head groundsman every year probably does have something to do with the overall situation 

With a little investment, the south stand roof problem could be eliminated by replacing half of the existing roof panels with transparent panels, but we are undeserving customers so he doesn’t invest in it.

4 hours ago, maidstoneowl said:

Did Chumpers really splash out a million quid for this pitch, only 4-5 Summers back?  And if so,.wouldn't such an investment have a warranty/care plan of sorts?  Even my £349 tv has one and it's crap.

It was probably 8 years ago. His first summer. And like everything else at the club it’s probably done on the cheap nowadays. The pitches you see in the Premier League are like that because they have millions spent on them annually in maintenance

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, stevie snerklebox said:

With a little investment, the south stand roof problem could be eliminated by replacing half of the existing roof panels with transparent panels, but we are undeserving customers so he doesn’t invest in it.

You could, but it won't stop the shadows from the gigantic cross girder beneath it (biggest in the UK at the time of install)

Roof needs a rethink, but back of the queue behind the other 3 stands in needing investment attention

14 hours ago, stevie snerklebox said:

*Waits for South standers to complain about roasting alive during matches because the sun burning through the roof.lol

• Haha 1