Birmingham - return of Rowett

Bad news this if it happens

Former Blues player and manager Rowett is set to return to the club for a third time and could therefore become the sixth different man to pick a team this season, following John Eustace, Wayne Rooney, caretaker Steve Spooner, Mowbray and Venus.

He was sacked by Blues' previous owners in December 2016 when Blues were seventh in the Championship, kept out of the play-off zone only on goal difference.

Birmingham's next game is after the international break against QPR on Friday, 29 March.

3 hours ago, Rogers said:

Bad news this if it happens

Former Blues player and manager Rowett is set to return to the club for a third time and could therefore become the sixth different man to pick a team this season, following John Eustace, Wayne Rooney, caretaker Steve Spooner, Mowbray and Venus.

He was sacked by Blues' previous owners in December 2016 when Blues were seventh in the Championship, kept out of the play-off zone only on goal difference.

Birmingham's next game is after the international break against QPR on Friday, 29 March.

He will keep em up..

Worried Colin is going to take over one of the teams within reach

I don't think you need to worry - can't see it happening now.

Millwall and Birmingham were probably most likely and they have gone elsewhere.

I see QPR, Hudders and Stoke sticking with who they have.

Plymouth are possibly in the worst form of anyone in the thick of it, but I don't see Colin fitting their footballing philosophy.

5 minutes ago, mr edmeister said:

I don't think you need to worry - can't see it happening now.

Millwall and Birmingham were probably most likely and they have gone elsewhere.

I see QPR, Hudders and Stoke sticking with who they have.

Plymouth are possibly in the worst form of anyone in the thick of it, but I don't see Colin fitting their footballing philosophy.

What about Blackburn maybe? They hired a new manager early February, but weirder things have happened if they don’t start getting results 

Never known a more panic stricken end to a season than this. Feels like almost half the division has absolutely lost its head at the prospect of going down.

We feel weirdly stable. Röhl has been in place a while and we know what we're doing, and have had the same target and goal since literally the first kick of the season at home to Southampton. Just got to hope that's enough to guide us past 2 of the others who are flailing around in freefall.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

Always thought we should have gone with Rowett when we appointed Monk.

So did everyone else on owlstalk who had remortgaged their house and lumped on. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, mcmigo said:

So did everyone else on owlstalk who had remortgaged their house and lumped on. 

Great thread that.

An all time classic.

Hopefully he’ll not give them the bounce that Harris has given Millwall 

Really exciting end to the season is this. Part of me is hoping we only get out of the relegation zone on the final day. imagine that after 44 games in the bottom 3