Players living near you

Just now, the monk said:

Bannan

Seen Bannan driving his car on more than one occasion round the village.

Windass may have moved, used to see him daily walking his dog past my house.

4 hours ago, TheGaffer said:

Used to play football with his lad. Despite being one of the few who was in awe of him (Jon), because I've always liked footballing history, it's safe to say his footballing genes were not passed on to his lad. 

Decent bloke though and was great as a kid to have someone like that even near our team

He was a lovely guy...pretty quiet and didn't really want to talk football

I used to live four houses away fro Imray but that was many years ago. I doubt that i would be able to afford to buy his frond door now hmm. Did he play before players hit the jack pot and never had to do a hands turn after finishing a lucrative career?😀

11 hours ago, Wynyard Owl said:

I used to live four houses away fro Imray but that was many years ago. I doubt that i would be able to afford to buy his frond door now hmm. Did he play before players hit the jack pot and never had to do a hands turn after finishing a lucrative career?😀

He's an agent now, don't go worrying about his bank balance 😉

• Like 1

Sort of off topic but reminded me of something  

One of my mates once did the kitchen at Alan Shearer‘s house, 3 of them did the job, they were all so excited to meet him, when they met him they said something like “Alan, it’s so great to meet you”. His response?

”It’s Mr Shearer when you’re in my house” 

Didn’t know if to believe it or not so not long after I tweeted him and said do you still demand that people who go to your house call you Mr Shearer? He blocked me

Edited by Londoner1867
  • Haha 3

On 18/03/2024 at 08:05, BridportOwl said:

I remember Nigel Worthington lived in Totley, you could see into his house from my mates back garden. 

One of the terraces opposite the church just down the road from the Fleur De Lys.

• Like 1

On 19/03/2024 at 12:33, Londoner1867 said:

Sort of off topic but reminded me of something  

One of my mates once did the kitchen at Alan Shearer‘s house, 3 of them did the job, they were all so excited to meet him, when they met him they said something like “Alan, it’s so great to meet you”. His response?

”It’s Mr Shearer when you’re in my house” 

Didn’t know if to believe it or not so not long after I tweeted him and said do you still demand that people who go to your house call you Mr Shearer? He blocked me

Got a mate who's a window cleaner and lives up that way. Says it's well known in the area he's a clown to work for. Sent me a picture of his house, not as big as I expected tbh.

• Like 1

On 20/03/2024 at 00:10, bigash_swfc said:

Unsure if he lives near me but I saw Chris O'Grady in Wickes today, round corner from Brinsworth

He had a couple of properties at that new Barratt home’s development at Handsworth near the Sword dancer