Today's a good day

6 minutes ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

It absolutely isn't. A 6-0 thumping to a team in the same division is never a good day. 

I'd say it's a shît day but we got lucky with other results around us. Hard to believe we can still stay up. 

Easy to believe because of our Röhl we are better than several teams above us 

1 hour ago, deano said:

Hard to believe after a 6 - 0 loss but unbelievably I think our position is better now than before the game due to other results. 

Forgive me if I  take a little convincing  today was a good day 🤨

Just now, Tarquin said:

Forgive me if I  take a little convincing  today was a good day 🤨

Easy.

Take a deep breath. 

Look at other results then the table

Then you can enjoy the next two weeks before we climb above several teams. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I do wish I had the same level of optimism that some of you lot have got - thinking after two successive losses of on 'em an absolute drubbing - that were just going to pick up where we were before the Leeds game and get the wins we need to stay up.

The truth is we have no way of knowing what psychological effect today's game especially will have and let's be honest, we will almost certainly ******** up against the weaker teams were expected to beat.

It's the Wednesday way.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Easy.

Take a deep breath. 

Look at other results then the table

Then you can enjoy the next two weeks before we climb above several teams. 

Without Bannan and Poveda

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Umeeksk said:

Were it not for Poveda (and Bannan? Unclear) going off injured I'd agree with you.

I really hope neither is serious and we have them both back in training before the end of the international break - but I fear we'll be missing Poveda for some games.

we need poveda 100% but bannan my god he is dreadful lightweight crossing appalling , cant take a free kick and has just 1 goal all season . wouldnt get in any other clubs team sorry if many dont agree. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DSandersonOWL said:

Easy to explain

It is better than expected because of other results

Except for a damaging shoreline and losing our two most creative players to ‘muscle injuries’

43 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

I find it absolutely mind boggling that some seem okay about us getting hammered 6v0. 

Have not seen anyone say that they are ok we got hammered 6-0 

Try to read what people write not what you imagine because your mind is boggling 

Today was a good day for our fight against relegation

We got nowt at Ipswich as expected but look at how others did 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deano said:

Hard to believe after a 6 - 0 loss but unbelievably I think our position is better now than before the game due to other results. 

Not sure why people would laugh at this

It's a very valid point.  I was concerned we could be four or six points adrift after these last two games, whereas no one has really got away from us. Also our golal difference is that bad it hasn't really had much of an impact on that lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Very lucky today because that was an absolute embarrassment.

Ipswich were L1 last season with us but today we made them look like Real Madrid

Only saving grace was no one else was able to capitalise but the season really starts now - no more repeats of this afternoon  please.

14 minutes ago, wakefieldowl said:

Not sure why people would laugh at this

It's a very valid point.  I was concerned we could be four or six points adrift after these last two games, whereas no one has really got away from us. Also our golal difference is that bad it hasn't really had much of an impact on that lol

It's a shocking scoreline today but people are often so emotional they fail to see the context of the situation which shows we are in the same/similar position than we was before the leeds/Ipswich fixtures. 

I'd have snapped your hand of for today's league table before we played Leeds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

It absolutely isn't. A 6-0 thumping to a team in the same division is never a good day. 

I'd say it's a shît day but we got lucky with other results around us. Hard to believe we can still stay up. 

Complete nonsense

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

I find it absolutely mind boggling that some seem okay about us getting hammered 6v0. 

It's about context of our overall situation, it's no worse then losing 4 - 0 at Huddersfield.