Today's a good day

It certainly was a good day that Birmingham, Stoke and Plymouth were beaten. 

Plymouth’s demise looks terminal. Fans turned on the manager big time today. 

‘Ian Foster your football is sheeeite’, chanted by most parts of the crowd, including the very helpful Preston fans! 

‘We want Foster out’ etc. 

Their home form is a shadow of what it was and they have only taken 1 point from 15 in the last five homes, scoring 1 goal in the last four. 

They have free scoring Norwich away next. 

Come on Wednesday. Safety is within our grasp. Don’t let it go!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

Come on then, let's have at it. 

In reference to you saying its hard to believe we can still stay up when our position is probably better than it was before the game now we have the 2 hard fixtures out the way. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, deano said:

In reference to you saying its hard to believe we can still stay up when our position is probably better than it was before the game now we have the 2 hard fixtures out the way. 

Ahhhhh, sorry. I misunderstood. I was saying it in the way that we could still stay up but it was hard to believe but we could stay up despite the loss and it's still possible but we aren't sure and now we lost by 6 and it's not impossible but the goal difference isn't what you would call absolutely ideal so we need more points and we can have those points against those other teams that we will play but we might not and we need to stay positive and give it a right old tickle. 

I hope that clears things up. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, deano said:

It's a shocking scoreline today but people are often so emotional they fail to see the context of the situation which shows we are in the same/similar position than we was before the leeds/Ipswich fixtures. 

I'd have snapped your hand of for today's league table before we played Leeds. 

Absolutely

Got to look at the bigger picture at the moment

• Like 2

Results elsewhere went for us big time today - remarkable that none of our rivals even scored a goal! Plymouth, Birmingham, Stoke, Huddersfield and Blackburn are all struggling big time - they are there for the taking if we maintain our form since Röhl took over until the end of the season. 

My only concern after today is that if we don’t put up a good show against Swansea a mild panic will start to set in. If we can get back on track with a win I’d be very confident of staying up. 

Not sure why the OP is getting so many laughs. Our individual result was a disaster, but the overall outcome of the day was quite positive.

With Leeds and Ipswich out of the way we've got a decent run-in compared to some others at the bottom and there's still less than a single win in it for staying up, even taking goal difference into account. I'm more confident about staying up now than I was before the Ipswich game, when I expected a defeat as well as a few teams to pull further away from us.

• Like 1

Can't see Stoke, Millwall, Hudds, Plymouth, Blackburn getting anything next time out, QPR and Brum playing each other.

If the unusual runs of form at the bottom are now going back to normal losses we might get a few more free hits to escape even.

1 hour ago, Dan™ said:

Not sure why the OP is getting so many laughs. Our individual result was a disaster, but the overall outcome of the day was quite positive.

With Leeds and Ipswich out of the way we've got a decent run-in compared to some others at the bottom and there's still less than a single win in it for staying up, even taking goal difference into account. I'm more confident about staying up now than I was before the Ipswich game, when I expected a defeat as well as a few teams to pull further away from us.

A thread titled ‘today’s a good day’ after we’ve just been hammered 6-0 and Bannan and Poveda have both picked up injuries and you’re saying the outcome of the day is quite positive?

Poveda’s injury looked like a hamstring so that could be him done for the season and the last time we see him in a Wednesday shirt too.

Was today the biggest defeat we’ve had in 25 years? The last defeat I can remember bigger was the 8-0 at Newcastle in 1999

12 hours ago, pat blondeau said:

A thread titled ‘today’s a good day’ after we’ve just been hammered 6-0 and Bannan and Poveda have both picked up injuries and you’re saying the outcome of the day is quite positive?

Poveda’s injury looked like a hamstring so that could be him done for the season and the last time we see him in a Wednesday shirt too.

Was today the biggest defeat we’ve had in 25 years? The last defeat I can remember bigger was the 8-0 at Newcastle in 1999

To be fair I didn't know about the injuries.