Today's a good day

Good day all told, Poveda update pending. Our goal difference had already added half a point to the task, and the rest of those in the battle had far easier games.

I think Boro are the highest placed team we play away in the remainder of the season. All of our "we won't get anything today" games are out of the way.

• Like 1

Before playing 2nd and 3rd in the league we were second bottom. After losing to both we are still in touching distance of loads of teams. Beat Swansea and this is all forgotten. 3 or 4 points over Easter weekend will do wonders. All in our own hands 

• Like 2

It’s never a good day getting absolutely annihilated. Same score as the pigs at home the other week which drew widespread mockery 

We might stay up but these kinds of results live long in the memory 

15 minutes ago, S6owls said:

Better than expected but still worse 🫡 gotcha 

As a result of last two sets of results we are now in an excellent position to overtake several other teams

This is excellent

Now it is up to our magical manager and his squad of many talents and faults

Very pleased with today's results overall

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Yorkowl.74 said:

It’s a glass half full post. But reality is we had an epic fail. Wasn’t expecting anything today but wow are we that bad? 

No, Wednesday are not that bad    Have confidence we can stay up

• Like 2

Disastrous today, but we’ve had similar before and come back from them well so no concerns there. We bounced back from chasing shadows at Huddersfield and Coventry, and then Leicester with wins in our next league games. 

Looking at the table and our run-in, I’m more bizarrely more positive now than I was before the losses against Leeds and Ipswich where the worry was we’d be chasing down a 4+ point deficit again. 

For it to be a single point is a fortuitous outcome. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Not winning at Rotherham is a far more disastrous result than getting 0 points at Portman Road. 

Today was always about all the results elsewhere, and Swansea aside nobody had won. 

That's us done with the runaway top 4, we can get back to picking up points against the rest. 

Others might not be so fortunate, Blackburn for instance have all of the top 4 to play in their remaining 7 games I think. They've not won in, 16, or 17, games now. I'd rather be in our position. 

Edited by eugene
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

Sheffield United must be having a great season!!!

From our point of view they are having a brilliant season

When we play them next season let us hope they manage to maintain this season's form   

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, deano said:

Hard to believe after a 6 - 0 loss but unbelievably I think our position is better now than before the game due to other results. 

I think our position is not as bad as I expected it would be tonight. I expected a fairly comfortable win for Ipswich. But I also thought teams around us would get points, so it feels like we’ve got away with it. I still believe we will finish above three clubs. 

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

We just had to remain in touch after the Leeds and Ipswich games. The last thing we needed was to have to come back from another 4+ gap to everyone else.

Still in touch and our season will be defined by now. We could be out of the bottom 3 after our next game. 

Exactly, I didn't expect anything against Leeds or Ipswich. Results of the other teams in the relegation scrap went our way last weekend and this weekend. We are in touch and I am confident that we will beat the drop.

• Like 1