anniversary of the battle of Bramall Lane

On 16/03/2024 at 10:51, Ever the pessimist said:

Was at Millwall I think.

Beggars belief that Colin’s reputation wasn’t ruined by that. Can’t get over how he’s seen as ‘good value’ and a ‘loveable rogue’.

He’s mellowed somewhat since that era though

On 16/03/2024 at 10:51, Ever the pessimist said:

Was at Millwall I think.

Beggars belief that Colin’s reputation wasn’t ruined by that. Can’t get over how he’s seen as ‘good value’ and a ‘loveable rogue’.

Is it though? 

For whatever reason, people in this country who act like a bit of a be11end are often liked by certain sections of the population. 

It's almost like there's an admiration for someone who has it in them to behave like that. 

I don't overly mind Colin these days, though I think a big part of that is because I can't stand Chris WIlder. 

On 16/03/2024 at 11:51, Ever the pessimist said:

Was at Millwall I think.

Tbf the conspiracy stuff that he planned the whole thing seems nonsense. 

Suffo and d'Jaffo were both transfer listed and Michael Brown was out for months with an injury following this game. 

6 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Tbf the conspiracy stuff that he planned the whole thing seems nonsense. 

Suffo and d'Jaffo were both transfer listed and Michael Brown was out for months with an injury following this game. 

Even the commentator foresaw that Santos was going to do the West Brom player when he came on given their history. No chance Colin didn’t see that happening.

On 16/03/2024 at 09:37, Owls_fan_since_1983 said:

22 years ago today this happened  , Match abandoned after 82 minutes ,   due to United having only 6 players left on the pitch.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Bramall_Lane

Can you remember where you were,    I was at a party 

Easy one for me to remember as my wife was in labour with our wonderful son

them lot embarrassed themselves and we won at millwall

a good weekend lol

Blade mate says that they were doing everything possible to get the game abandoned when they were down to 7 and 8 men, Keith Curle was acting like a nutter trying to get himself sent off and the game abandoned, ref was detemined not to show another red despite the blatant sending off offences but had to abandon the game anyway when due to injuries they went down to 6 men.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2024 at 18:52, wakefieldowl said:

Easy one for me to remember as my wife was in labour with our wonderful son

For some reason I read that sentence as if you had another, not so wonderful son 

lol 

• Haha 2