Reading sell their training ground to…

“Be careful what you wish for”

Wonder if the Reading fans are saying that.

I think they’ll go under, he clearly has no ambition to sell them. He’s asset stripping then they’ll go into admin for someone to hopefully pick up the pieces 

Absolutely scandalous. 

Owners simply shouldn't be allowed to do this, and we need regulation to stop it. Owners are increasingly acting like this to recoup the huge losses incurred from shooting for the Premier League tv money. The whole system is set up to incentivised reckless ownership. 

Football clubs are not regular businesses. 

• Like 5

Pretty shameless all round. 

If Reading go to the wall, which looks likely, then it really is time for some serious questions about the EFL and it's supposed governance. 

This owner is clearly a complete and utter crook. 

We had the fiasco with Bury, Macclesfield and now Reading. 

It's disgraceful. 

Oh, and Wycombe can bugger off too. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Django said:

Im sure the EFL will be along soon to deduct some more points, seeing as that’s about all they’re good for 

It is crazy that this guy keeps doing dodgy stuff and the EFL response is to deduct the club points when he clearly doesn’t give a f**k for the club. 

Fine him for it and leave the points on the board. 

• Like 1

Just now, HighworthOwl said:

It is crazy that this guy keeps doing dodgy stuff and the EFL response is to deduct the club points when he clearly doesn’t give a f**k for the club. 

All points deducts do is punish the fans further 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

Think it’s clear the EFL simply don’t have the weaponry needed to bring these rogue owners to heel. That’s why we need proper regulation. 

• Like 2

It's a weird one. Wycombe Wanderers absolutely do not have £20m for a training ground. The owners do not have £20m for a training ground. Georgian billionaire Mikhail Lomtadze, who currently has no official connection to Wycombe but is being courted for a takeover by the current owners, probably does have £20m for a training ground. I can only assume the funding has come from him. 

We have about 30 players on our books, and no academy or youth set up. We have some issues with our current training facilities (which we do not own), but Bearwood is a lot more training ground than we need. What are the options?

Rent it back to Reading, and share? But there's been no mention of this, and I don't know how practical sharing a training ground is.

Sell bits we don't need for other purposes? Seems tricky, not sure we'd get planning permission for use other than as a sports training ground.

Become a club that needs 120 acres of training ground and a category 1 academy? Well it's a nice idea, but we're currently a long way off it.

I feel for Reading FC and its fans. But its a good deal for Wycombe, I think most clubs would take it in the same situation.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chairboy Dan said:

It's a weird one. Wycombe Wanderers absolutely do not have £20m for a training ground. The owners do not have £20m for a training ground. Georgian billionaire Mikhail Lomtadze, who currently has no official connection to Wycombe but is being courted for a takeover by the current owners, probably does have £20m for a training ground. I can only assume the funding has come from him. 

We have about 30 players on our books, and no academy or youth set up. We have some issues with our current training facilities (which we do not own), but Bearwood is a lot more training ground than we need. What are the options?

Rent it back to Reading, and share? But there's been no mention of this, and I don't know how practical sharing a training ground is.

Sell bits we don't need for other purposes? Seems tricky, not sure we'd get planning permission for use other than as a sports training ground.

Become a club that needs 120 acres of training ground and a category 1 academy? Well it's a nice idea, but we're currently a long way off it.

I feel for Reading FC and its fans. But its a good deal for Wycombe, I think most clubs would take it in the same situation.

Redevelop it a shopping centre?