BREAKING: SWFC under ANOTHER investigation

I said this previously, a steward on the Kop saw exactly who threw a bottle, he ducked just before it was thrown, so he knew it was gonna be launched.

Could he have reported it to a supervisor there and then and pointed the person out? Of course he could have, but didn’t. 

Vaping is another one, I saw someone point out to a steward about the smoke, he pointed it out as smoke hit the air, the steward, snug of the shoulders.

Sums the club up really.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

If we are genuine about trying to stop things like this it can only be done by changing the mindset of the idiots that do it.

That means either getting them to think differently and not be a nnobb - even when they are piszed/coked up and frustrated by the ref etc. - .

Or making them fear the repercussions.

We've had two fans arrested with serious charges against them but it still doesn't deter them. If we start getting threats of ground closures or points deductions I'd be all for self policing these fkwits.

There are cameras all over the ground, shouldn't be hard to identify and ban these people. 

That said, when normal fans and families are priced out of attending, it will shift the dynamic of the attendees to attract these types of people, who aren't supporters, just c*nts wanting to show off to their c*nt mates, thinking they are clever. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

The Owls are extremely disappointed to report that once again, we are the subject of a further FA investigation, this time following Friday night’s Championship fixture against Leeds United.

Missiles were launched from the Kop area of the stadium on to the pitch in breach of EFL Ground Regulations and the law.

The club is at risk of FA sanctions for this and previous incidents regrettably seen at Hillsborough this season.

Officials are currently studying CCTV footage from Friday’s game and anyone identified to have taken part in such unacceptable behaviour will be heavily sanctioned by the club whilst also facing police prosecution.

We repeat in the strongest tone that we have a zero tolerance policy in respect of ground regulation and/or law breaches at Hillsborough.

FA investigations result in unnecessary costs, including the potential of significant financial sanctions that have to be absorbed by the club.

Whilst it is acknowledged that only a minority of supporters choose to act in such an appalling manner, we ask the overwhelming majority and law-abiding members of the Sheffield Wednesday family to help weed out these individuals and uphold the good name of our club.

Supporters can report any incident confidentially in real time by texting 07526 166907 - please provide as much information as possible, including row, seat numbers and a short description of the culprit/s.

Alternatively, call 0300 201867 between 9:00am and 5:00pm Monday to Friday.

Together we can stamp this out.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Simple, turn the leccy supply off and no cctv footage :Chansiri:

Every club has a small minority of idiots but still no excuse. 

• Like 1

The technology exists to identify each person in every seat in the crowd. A few years ago the club published an image you could zoom into your seat in the crowd. I tried it and within seconds found myself pictured in my seat in the North Stand.

The technology is there but no doubt expensive. Question is though is it more expensive than getting fined or sections of the ground closed. As others have pointed out, a zero tolerance policy can only work if the culprits are identified and heavily punished. If not it’s just words.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think it's more that there's a culture of 'do whatever you want lads - you'll get away with it every time' at the club

Throwing missiles, racism, misogyny, open drug taking, fighting fellow fans in the stands - all go unpunished over the last few years and so the culture has grown where it's basically 'do what you want' now for the idiots

You touched on it earlier that in some ways it’s down to the way the club is being run?

I’ll chuck this in, arguably we’re being asked to pay prices that are amongst if not the highest in the division.

We live in an area where value for money is valued as paramount to the average person in the street.

There is a fair argument that we’re not getting value for money for a variety of reasons. The facilities and catering standards get criticised often particularly on here.

So ultimately there is a feeling of unrest and frustration amongst the customers and that is what we are and this manifests itself in many ways as we are seeing and it doesn’t matter how many times the club and media send out the messages they do, as we’ve seen it makes no difference. 

Some fans will call each other out but it just adds to the antagonism that exists within the fan base.

Bottom line is football hooliganism was rife during a period of long conservative

rule. It was a way of some showing their displeasure at being downtrodden and treated by disdain by the establishment. You treat people like sh!t then that’s how they’ll behave. History has repeated itself over the last ten years or so like it was in the late seventies-eighties. 

Bottom line is 9 times out of 10 you treat people with respect that’s what you get back in return. We live in a society now where respect doesn’t exist as much it should. Will it return? I very much doubt it will in my lifetime.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1

I guess until there is a combination of stewards, fan reporting and the club with CCTV all working together, nothing will change.

Fans being thrown out during games shows zero tolerance, it will set an example, every fan will see the consequences of being an idiot, along with a ban.

Again tho, needs a collective for it to happen.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just now, Jim said:

You touched on it earlier that in some ways it’s down to the way the club is being run?

I’ll chuck this in, arguably we’re being asked to pay prices that are amongst if not the highest in the division.

We live in an area where value for money is valued as paramount to the average person in the street.

There is a fair argument that we’re not getting value for money for a variety of reasons. The facilities and catering standards get criticised often particularly on here.

So ultimately there is a feeling of unrest and frustration amongst the customers and that is what we are and this manifests itself in many ways as we are seeing and it doesn’t matter how many times the club and media send out the messages they do, as we’ve seen it makes no difference. 

Some fans will call each other out but it just adds to the antagonism that exists within the fan base.

Bottom line is football hooliganism was rife during a period of long conservative

rule. It was a way of some showing their displeasure at being downtrodden and treated by disdain by the establishment. You treat people like sh!t then that’s how they’ll behave. History has repeated itself over the last ten years or so like it was in the late seventies-eighties. 

Bottom line is 9 times out of 10 you treat people with respect that’s what you get back in return. We live in a society now where respect doesn’t exist as much it should. Will it return? I very much doubt it will in my lifetime.

Agree with that mate

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Owlstalk Shop

Tools on another platform currently blaming the L**ds keeper for the issues cos he ‘goaded’ them……, that’s absolutely no excuse for throwing something at a player…ever…..does the crowd getting on the players back excuse him picking something up and throwing it into the crowd….no it doesn’t. We have some right knuckledraggers as ‘supporters’. Can’t hold their beer/coke/haribo and be a decent human being….absolutely shameful

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hawkinsfootballboots said:

Tools on another platform currently blaming the L**ds keeper for the issues cos he ‘goaded’ them……, that’s absolutely no excuse for throwing something at a player…ever…..does the crowd getting on the players back excuse him picking something up and throwing it into the crowd….no it doesn’t. We have some right knuckledraggers as ‘supporters’. Can’t hold their beer/coke/haribo and be a decent human being….absolutely shameful

did you see Vardy’s goal celebrations against Hull ?

im yet to hear any reports of hull fans lobbing stuff at him. 

4 minutes ago, ANDY said:

did you see Vardy’s goal celebrations against Hull ?

im yet to hear any reports of hull fans lobbing stuff at him. 

Exactly, Just had to watch it as I’d not seen it. Loads of abuse on some videos, can’t see a bottle thrown as his head!

There is only one way to stop this cráp and that’s for the club to steward the games correctly. If we can’t get a grip on it then matches behind closed doors and bans on our fans travelling to away grounds will be happening before you know it. It’s a massive embarrassment. 

If we cement a reputation as a club for this kind of trouble it will become a vicious cycle we can’t escape from. 

• Like 5

It's not an excuse for the behaviour, but how much does team performance and unrest at the club contribute to the behaviour of the fan base? Have we just got a generation of idiots to contend with?Just a question. 

Someone on here said they had a photo of the person throwing the bottle along with their seat and row number which he reported to the stewards who did nothing. I think he reported it twice to Stewards. I posted again on here the text number for reporting it to the club and he acknowledged it so it should all be resolved quickly?

Edited by darra
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kevowls1 said:

It's not an excuse for the behaviour, but how much does team performance and unrest at the club contribute to the behaviour of the fan base? 

Zero

Its all down to years of having an over relaxed stadium control 

fans know they can do what they want now and it goes unpunished 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, Hawkinsfootballboots said:

Every fan who makes excuses for our fanbase’s poor behaviour is condoning it as far as I’m concerned 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop