BREAKING: SWFC under ANOTHER investigation

1 minute ago, doubleo said:

I don’t buy all this deep thinking gaslighting cr4p - they do it because they can get away with it.

Exactly
Because they KNOW they can get away with it

Because of the lack of control on matchdays from our club under this chairman

And EVERY.. SINGLE.. TIME they get away with it, we get our club investigated

And EVERY.. SINGLE.. TIME they get away with it, we get a load of our own fans making excuses for them about how the players wound up the crowd, or the ref made the wrong decision etc etc

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, sibon said:

And can we sort that text number out. I’ve no idea what it is, so I’m unlikely to be able to text to report dickheads. Change it to “text 1867” or something else memorable.

THIS

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

You know I’ve noticed a hell of a lot more, the excuse that the player started it, he shouldn’t be winding up the crowd.

A fan gives it, a player gives it back, you both laugh and move on..simple.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The only way to stop  this would be to stop and search every fan and then you could imagine the outrage amongst the fans then. Someone posted here that you should should expect a lower standard of behaviour on the kop....really??   I'm just waiting for the next comment that says Chansiri is encouraging this behaviour in order to make the club impossible to sell

The other way round
If anything it's a reflection on how he's running the club and the standard of stewarding and policing on matchdays under his watch

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I can

You tried to excuse idiotic fan behaviour by saying it was the players fault that a fan committed a violent illegal act

What the players/referees etc do is ALWAYS irrelevant 

I did not. I made an additional point that no matter how small, players actions have consequences. The FA deemed excessive celebration a bookable offence. Why shouldn’t taunting fans be the same? For me, it’s the wrong way round. Fans throwing bottles etc is just a reflection on society and as you put it, poor stewarding by the club. Fix the stewarding and things will dramatically improve. However, you will never stop ALL the idiots coming to watch football, because they now outnumber the sensible folk. The belts and braces approach is to cut it at source. Celebrate wildly with your own supporters; leave the opposition alone.

Just now, Pieman said:

I did not. I made an additional point that no matter how small, players actions have consequences. The FA deemed excessive celebration a bookable offence. Why shouldn’t taunting fans be the same?  

Good god - you've actually double down on your excusing

Owlstalk Shop

Absolute idiots. Is there any reason why the police in the stadium aren't deployed to the problem areas (we know where they are)? The club pays a substantial policing bill, yet it appears idiots can get into the stadium with all sorts of weapons and commit these offences and get away with it.

Guest Monkowl

The last 5-6 years the world in general has gone massively backwards in every single walk of life . It’s the world we live in I’m afraid. And it’s going to get much much worse I fear 

1 minute ago, Pieman said:

Why shouldn’t taunting fans be the same? 

They get abuse for over 90 minutes from thousands of people.  They give it back for 0.5 seconds and people get all sniffy, self-righteous and take offfence...give over.  That's incredibly immature and self absorbed, no excuses.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

It's like nobody can take responsibility for their own behaviour...This, that and the other.  

Fk that think about your own behaviour and how it affects others.

Adults going to Hillsbro with the mindset of a 14 year old

Some people talking like its a study in Sociology and giving these idiots excuses.

I don't think anyone here is arguing that the scrotes throwing the bottles aren't responsible for their own actions mate. And they should certainly face the consequences.

At the same time you have to ask yourself - why is it so bad at the moment? It's not like people have fundamentally changed - given 20-30k people in a crowd you'll always get some who are nasty pieces of work who get some sort of satisfaction from throwing stuff, breaking stuff, and being generally violent and threatening.

Why are they doing it now and not ten years ago?

Well, if you're going to lob bottles and do racist chants you're probably not the only one - you've probably seen dozens of other people do similar stuff and get away with it (social media doesn't help). You probably have your mates around you egging you on.

It all starts with lesser behaviour that goes unchecked - for example, the open drug use everyone's been complaining about for ages, the yobs you see climbing all over the netting on the North Stand to taunt the fans in the away end. How many of them get chucked out? Hardly any I'd bet. Next thing you know you have pool balls being lobbed into the away concourse.

None of this is easy for football clubs at the moment, but we've made it harder for ourselves by being asleep at the wheel and letting the sort of atmosphere develop around matchdays where this stuff can happen.

Now we've let it get out of hand and we somehow need to put the toothpaste back in the tube - which probably requires ejecting and banning dozens of 'em. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Monkowl said:

The last 5-6 years the world in general has gone massively backwards in every single walk of life . It’s the world we live in I’m afraid. And it’s going to get much much worse I fear 

Social media. Given people the licence to speak and act like utter cod canyons. 

35 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I know what you’re saying Andy. The people who throw these things need banning for life, massive fines, etc. However for me, you can’t just completely absolve players of bating supporters. Several of the Leeds players couldn’t wait. Windass is also someone who likes to do it. I never saw David Hirst or Alan Shearer do it to opposition fans. Let the football do the talking. I do think players need to be spoken to and or carded. I would much rather see a player take off his shirt and celebrate wildly with his fans, than go over and taunt the opposition. 

images-1.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Umeeksk said:

I don't think anyone here is arguing that the scrotes throwing the bottles aren't responsible for their own actions mate. And they should certainly face the consequences.

At the same time you have to ask yourself - why is it so bad at the moment? It's not like people have fundamentally changed - given 20-30k people in a crowd you'll always get some who are nasty pieces of work who get some sort of satisfaction from throwing stuff, breaking stuff, and being generally violent and threatening.

Why are they doing it now and not ten years ago?

Well, if you're going to lob bottles and do racist chants you're probably not the only one - you've probably seen dozens of other people do similar stuff and get away with it (social media doesn't help). You probably have your mates around you egging you on.

It all starts with lesser behaviour that goes unchecked - for example, the open drug use everyone's been complaining about for ages, the yobs you see climbing all over the netting on the North Stand to taunt the fans in the away end. How many of them get chucked out? Hardly any I'd bet. Next thing you know you have pool balls being lobbed into the away concourse.

None of this is easy for football clubs at the moment, but we've made it harder for ourselves by being asleep at the wheel and letting the sort of atmosphere develop around matchdays where this stuff can happen.

Now we've let it get out of hand and we somehow need to put the toothpaste back in the tube - which probably requires ejecting and banning dozens of 'em. 

Absolutely bang on

It's been an issue for years at SWFC and has gone unchecked despite many fans shouting about it and warning this would happen

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop