Blue Cards & Sin Bins To Be Trialled

Sounds reasonably sensible on the face of it being able to punish players for various things that just currently get left, but then you think about the implications of sending players off temporarily and you quickly realise what a joke of an idea it is, and how it’ll spoil the flow of the game. 

They just need to be stricter with reds and yellows, but I won’t hold my breath.

10 minutes ago, Dore Owl said:

Sounds reasonably sensible on the face of it being able to punish players for various things that just currently get left, but then you think about the implications of sending players off temporarily and you quickly realise what a joke of an idea it is, and how it’ll spoil the flow of the game. 

They just need to be stricter with reds and yellows, but I won’t hold my breath.

This. Reds and yellows should be enough for a competent ref. 

• Like 3

Merson said teams who get a player sin binned will just put everyone behind the ball and waste time for ten minutes… and he’s absolutely right, it’ll be crap. Just send players off for dissent and they’ll all quickly stop doing it. 

I'm already imagining potential VAR/blue card scenarios and how ridiculous that could be. 

The Americanisation of football will ruin the sport IMO

• Like 5

VAR should be scrapped, it's been a disaster.

FFP cannot be enforced properly,  rich lawyers run rings round the authorities.

There are multiple penalties at every corner.   First corner, shirt pulling and grappling....red card.

Handball rule is a nonsense,  ref used to decide if it was intentional, if it wasn't, no penalty.

Offside rule is a nonsense, no-one understands it,   phases of play is absurd.  If someone is not interfering with play why is he on the pitch.

Football is  a simple game, stop changing it.  Refs make mistakes, they're human.

Sin bins are an awful idea.  Yellow and red cards are enough .

• Like 1

Its crap when there are fewer players on the pitch, so why would you invent a concept that will increase the cases of it happening?

FFS can these clueless nobheads just leave the game alone? Its like they need to invent some testicles just to justify their pointless job. 

I wonder if the fans will be consulted on whether they want this? You know, the people we are told by these suits are the most important...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BridportOwl said:

The amount of rule/regulation changes in the last 15 or so years is beyond a joke now.

Football should be a simple game.

Social media generation. They are trying to make the game more contentious just to fuel bullshit articles. 

Since money in the game exploded its like they are trying to iron out every minor imperfection. 

Leave it the fizz alone. It managed perfectly fine for 100 years. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Sin bins are a good idea, it’s about time there was a proper sanction for players who contravene the rules. 
I don’t like the idea of a blue card, all yellow card offences should be sin binned. 

VAR is not a failure, stats show that now 96% of decisions are correct, what is poor is the way it is implemented during a match. 

Terrible idea. 

Why not just accept that football is imperfect and errors will be made. 

It's part of the game and everyone has to deal with it. 

The introduction of VAR simply reaffirmed that fact. 

5 hours ago, SiJ said:

Terrible idea. 

Why not just accept that football is imperfect and errors will be made. 

It's part of the game and everyone has to deal with it. 

The introduction of VAR simply reaffirmed that fact. 

because fans, managers, players and the media don't accept errors are made. 

"that could get me relegated/cost promotion/sacked"  and as for supporters whining, good grief. 

the media stoke it up showing the glaring errors so you can't have it both ways.

VAR minimises the mistakes, but is used poorly, if they can sort that out then it can only get better

IFAB have announced they will be dealing with issue of diving and simulation next season.

A panel of 5 will sit in the grandstand and give a score out of 10 when a player falls over.

A score above 35 will be deemed a dive and communicated to the VAR ref who'll then call the on-field ref to make the decision. The sanctioned player will receive a purple card and be required to sit on the newly introduced naughty step in the corner.

sales-rep-scorecards.png.2d167c0f52f788784ae365c61b4761f0.png

5 hours ago, duncanidaho said:

yeah, we should not listen to experts, facts or look at data.

oh.  and the world is flat too apparently.

“96% of decisions are correct” means literally nothing

It’s someone who’s looked at the opinion of VAR officials and decided they got it right

Half the people watching agree, the other half disagree

You were pretty much there when you said “because fans, managers, players and the media don't accept errors are made.”

Literally everyone has a different opinion of what constitutes a foul or a handball or a yellow or a red card

Opinions on opinions aren’t stats