Transfer Rumours January 2024 window

Joe Nicholls

@JoeOUFC

Beadle recalled a few days ago according to a Brighton friend of mine. Going to loan to a Championship club, most likely Sheffield Wednesday. Strange that #OUFC haven't announced it, even when Eastwood is our keeper for today. #OUFC

• Love 1

20 minutes ago, Jim said:

Too much of a risky signing in our position. If it does happen I’d love to be proven wrong.

What is the risk? That he makes a booboo or two and costs us a couple of goals here and there? We already have a keeper that makes a booboo or two and has cost us a few goals, but he's also extremely limited in what he does and arguably is very, very poor at saves per shots.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Paul.. said:

What is the risk? That he makes a booboo or two and costs us a couple of goals here and there? We already have a keeper that makes a booboo or two and has cost us a few goals, but he's also extremely limited in what he does and arguably is very, very poor at saves per shots.

At least Dawson is used to the sh!t he gets from us. It would be a baptism of fire for a teenage keeper but I’ll bow to your greater wisdom 😘

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, camffiti said:

The barrell we shop in, new signings / loanings, will likely need time to get match fit. 

So it would have been nice to use today's FA Cup game, for match fitness 

Be interesting to see how many league games we play this month, before any new signings start for us 

I'm not too worried about this tbh. I think we need to chill a bit with our expectations that new signings will make an immediate impact in any case.

We have a system and ethos that's working well now and I think anyone who joins this month needs to earn a starting place while getting minutes off the bench.

I'd love us to get upgrades for Dawson and Fletcher, but I'm actually more concerned that we move out the squad players who aren't up to Röhl's standard and replace them with ones who can contribute during the home stretch. My biggest worry is an injury to Bannan, Cadamarteri, Windass, etc. and not having anyone decent who's competing for those roles in our squad.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, OneManBand said:

Is Röhl making them though?

James Beadle doesn't scream a Paxo/Chansiri signing to me.

There have been some quality loan goalkeepers over the last few years that have really made it in the championship. Henderson, Bazanu etc. I reckon in the next year or 2 Charles will be getting the spot tbh. So I think for now someone like Beadle fits the mold for what we need, with a couple of years of age/experience on Charles.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

Don’t know much about Beadle , with any signing Röhl makes I’m more than happy 

Yeah I posted this the other day but when Beadle signed a new contract last year he said he trusted Bibbo with his development.  So given the choice of championship clubs we may have the edge.  He’s highly regarded at Brighton and some of their fans thinks he’s destined to be their number 1.  Also tipped to start getting England under 21 call ups 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S72 Owl said:

Probably out of our reach but wouldn’t mind seeing Brandon Williams come in for LB slot, can also play RB. 

Not first choice at Ipswich and not involved today and some suggestions he might be recalled. 

Ipswich have been playing Williams as a RB. 

I don't know if it's injuries or form, but McKenna doesn't seem keen on playing him two games in a row