Football Heaven - Radio Sheffield

10 minutes ago, George said:

I really don't think I can cope with the new format. Two hours a night is too much. It's supposed to be sport heaven but despite a brief mention of Adam Johnson there was nothing.

It's a shame cus we've got some cracking stuff going on, new canon medical arena for the sharks and hatters to build on, Steelers top of the league, eagles building into their new home and 4th, Sheffield tigers in 5th, big match room boxing events coming into the city. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Utah Owl said:

He's been robbing Peter to pay Paul for years. In accountancy circles it's known as "Teeming and Ladeling" and ultimately if you take money off people for one thing and use it for something else, it's fraud.

There will be a full paper trail for this and who knows, one day someone may start looking at it? Closely!

Didnt Harry Enfield used to do a sketch about that in the pub, lol

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Can you add further context to this - what’s been said about the interview?!

Chumpsiri offered RS an interview with a few hours notice but only with an interpreter.

RS explained however that this wasn’t possible, the club would know that this wasn’t possible as it’d take 3 hours just to source an interpreter and then factoring in the time to set up the interview etc it just wasn’t realistic.

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

Chumpsiri offered RS an interview with a few hours notice but only with an interpreter.

RS explained however that this wasn’t possible, the club would know that this wasn’t possible as it’d take 3 hours just to source an interpreter and then factoring in the time to set up the interview etc it just wasn’t realistic.

When I worked for the DWP we used a service called The Big Word. Instant translator over the phone. Surely they could use something like this?

4 hours ago, George said:

I really don't think I can cope with the new format. Two hours a night is too much. It's supposed to be sport heaven but despite a brief mention of Adam Johnson there was nothing.

It's only temporary. As far as I know, it's back to one hour either next week or the week after. Apart from when there's a midweek match, obviously. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sambo89 said:

When I worked for the DWP we used a service called The Big Word. Instant translator over the phone. Surely they could use something like this?

This was Rob's explanation. Suppose it's a bit different when the translator is responsible for something that is going to be broadcast by the BBC. There's probably inhouse rules that complicate matters even further.

• Like 2

Listening to last nights Football Heaven I can't believe how we STILL can have people who don't understand that we DON'T have to put up with this. We can force him out and we need to!

No other supporters of any other club can understand the way some of our supporters defend or think we shouldn't call for him to go. They Laugh at us! They say why would you just allow him to take the ******** out of you. 

It's just incredible the amount of supporters one club can have that are so clueless... I feel so sorry for all our supporters TRYING to get the rest of them motivated!!! I dispare for our club....

IF our club ends up going the way of Bury! It will be those who sat on their hands and ignored the obvious danger to blame!!! 

9 years! And some haven't learned a thing!!! Stop swallowing poo and let's do something!!! EVEN THE LOCAL PRESS IS SAYING WE SHOULD DO SOMETHING!!!! AND THEY NEVER DARE CRITICISE Chansiri. 

Rotherham game on chants not a mermer PATHETIC!!!! 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sambo89 said:

No they explained the reasons why the timescales were unrealistic.

They wouldn’t turn down the chance of an interview after this story broke.

Also I’m familiar with Big word and trying to use that for a radio interview just wouldn’t work, the sound quality would be awful.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

No they explained the reasons why the timescales were unrealistic.

They wouldn’t turn down the chance of an interview after this story broke.

Also I’m familiar with Big word and trying to use that for a radio interview just wouldn’t work, the sound quality would be awful.

Ye you're probably right. A three way phone call probably wouldn't be the nicest to listen to.