DARREN MOORE, - HTFC

Not at our expense obviously, but DM has that likeability factor and I do hope that he can keep Huddersfield up.

I’ m not at all convinced that he’d have kept us up, but I really do think that we’d have more than 6 pts now if he was still here. 

Well done Chansiri - yet another ******** up of gargantuan proportions.

• Like 2

On 30/10/2023 at 15:02, Luke said:

Anyone called Huddersfield fans racist yet 

That was the only agenda on here if you called moore out

It's just when you 'call someone out' for getting promoted with 96 points, smashing multiple club records along the way and having the highest win rate of any Wednesday manager since the 1960s that people start to wonder if you have another agenda.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

It's just when you 'call someone out' for getting promoted with 96 points, smashing multiple club records along the way and having the highest win rate of any Wednesday manager since the 1960s that people start to wonder if you have another agenda.

Or has time had shown some people were better able to critically assess how well Moore was doing... 

We’d definitely have more than 6 points. Because he kept the side he’d gelled together, who knows what additions would have come in, but the tightness of the team would have stayed.

Letting him go just before pre season started after he re signed his players was just woeful once again by our saviour.

I don’t think Huddersfield was the right choice for him but he might get a by this year with us rotherham and qpr collapsing.

7 minutes ago, markg said:

Doing alright now.

Amazing how he always seems to have to hit the ground running whereas other managers get a nice little settling in period. 

Tbf he inherited a much more favourable situation, succeeding one of the best managers of all time at this level. 

We on the other hand…

On 13/11/2023 at 23:08, Ellis Rimmer said:

Or has time had shown some people were better able to critically assess how well Moore was doing... 

How do you critically assess getting 96 points in a season?

Most of the critical assessments I recall tended to concentrate on us losing at Forest Green.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Darren moore wouldnt have signed promising youngsters like musaba 

And given first team starts to young promising players from the youth team 

Are people forgetting he was the one who offered gregory a new contract and behind resigning Blackpools 3rd choice rb ffs 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 09/12/2023 at 18:40, markowl said:

How do you critically assess getting 96 points in a season?

Most of the critical assessments I recall tended to concentrate on us losing at Forest Green.

Markowl seems to of gone quiet in this thread…

have a look at what the Hudds fans think of him as a manager. Very similar to a fair share of Wednesday fans concerns. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sheffwed1 said:

have a look at what the Hudds fans think of him as a manager. Very similar to a fair share of Wednesday fans concerns. 

I'm here.

I don't understand the obsession with our former manager.

I'm quite happy they're struggling, as it helps us and all I'm interested in is us.

On 09/12/2023 at 16:34, markg said:

Doing alright now.

Amazing how he always seems to have to hit the ground running whereas other managers get a nice little settling in period. 

What are you basing that on? Drawn a hell of a lot of games which will send them down if he doesn't start winning. Currently at 14% win %

3 hours ago, sheffwed1 said:

Yes, I was well concerned as we got promoted. 

1 hour ago, markowl said:

Yeah but Forest Green innit.

Yeah. People should let that go, despite it being a bit embarrassing at the time… (slightly different but) we lost 4-0 at home to Millwall this season and most people didn’t give Röhl that much stick - from what I saw. 

I quite like Moore, and he did the job for us he was asked to. I think Huddersfield suits him. 

Obviously Wednesday staying up is more important to us all though. 

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

Yeah. People should let that go, despite it being a bit embarrassing at the time… (slightly different but) we lost 4-0 at home to Millwall this season and most people didn’t give Röhl that much stick - from what I saw. 

I quite like Moore, and he did the job for us he was asked to. I think Huddersfield suits him. 

Obviously Wednesday staying up is more important to us all though. 

Slightly different?

- 1 was a game where we had 1st position in a league below in our hands, with a manager in to his 3rd season at the club with a team he's entirely assembled against bottom of the league

- the other was a manager only a few games in to his career at us, against a team higher than us, with a team he's had no say in at all

Literally worlds apart

2 minutes ago, smhouston said:

Literally worlds apart

Wednesday managers usually get jumped on for freak results… losing 4-0 at Hillsborough is pretty pathetic IMO, despite being newly promoted, that’s a hammering (and I have a mancrush on DR and I no longer hold that defeat against him)

We lost by 1 goal, away, to Forest Green, and it was embarrassing, but we still achieved the overall goal …. which should’ve probably been my initial point, that there’s no need to hang on to the odd mishap (against Moore) if we got the desired outcome. 

Also - I think sometimes it’s not the manager at all, it’s players not ‘turning up’.