How bad is French Football

Mickjj

Basically, Ligue 1 is overvaluing itself considering it's lost Neymar and Messi and will probably lose Mbappe very soon. No one wants it for the £600m that the French League wants it. They'll go back with a lower value and probably get something later on in the process.

12 hours ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

I went to see Lille v Bordeaux in 2015. It was an impressive stadium, but it didn’t feel like a big event. No real atmosphere; until I saw half dozen Bordeaux fans on the train back into the city after the match I didn’t know there’d been any away fans there.

Have you seen the terminal decline of Bordeaux since HH?

Relegated to Ligue 2 after a fan attacked an opposing player in a game they needed to win to stay up!

Then they were threatened with expulsion completely. 
The city mayor made the club a community asset so it wouldn’t go bust. 
All this since the brand new ground was built for Euro 2016. 😂

12 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Must be something about the league that means the talent doesn’t want to stay there. Tax regime? 

More likely that PSG apart, there really are no sides that are competitive on a bigger stage. The best French players need to play elsewhere if they want to advance their careers or achieve anything.

3 hours ago, The only way is S6 said:

Have you seen the terminal decline of Bordeaux since HH?

Relegated to Ligue 2 after a fan attacked an opposing player in a game they needed to win to stay up!

Then they were threatened with expulsion completely. 
The city mayor made the club a community asset so it wouldn’t go bust. 
All this since the brand new ground was built for Euro 2016. 😂

Blimey. No I didn’t realise they were in such a mess. I’ve occasionally looked Lille are doing, but no Bordeaux.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Ligue 1 and Eredivisie have a few decent teams worth watching but beyond the big 2 or 3 from each league I wouldn't be that bothered about it. Then again I'd say the same for La Liga and Serie A too.

I remember watching football Italia on Sunday afternoons in the 90’s. All the worlds top players seemed to be over there back then