Non-League Football

The season kicked off for a lot of local sides on Saturday with the NCEL beginning, the FA Cup starts on Saturday and then the Northern Premier League gets going the week after. Anyone going to give it a try this year, especially because of the high prices at Hillsborough?

On 01/08/2023 at 14:17, SnowyOwl13 said:

The season kicked off for a lot of local sides on Saturday with the NCEL beginning, the FA Cup starts on Saturday and then the Northern Premier League gets going the week after. Anyone going to give it a try this year, especially because of the high prices at Hillsborough?

We can all give it a go when chansiri sends us bust😂

8 hours ago, edmontonowl said:

I thought the score stood as the result if a certain amount of time had been played? That must've changed.

Wasn't there a league replayed last season - Rotherham?

I thought that too. I always thought anything after 80 mins and the score stood. Last season Rotherham v Cardiff was abandoned but I think that was quite early in the second half.

44 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think game should have been awarded to Buxton.

Shows how far Scunthorpe have fallen by playing Buxton.

I would also recommenced Buxton ground which is a gem in a lovely town, although has a plastic pitch which I am never that keen on.

Buxton ground is great other than the plastic pitch. Superb views of Harpur Hill. Matlock Town is another with a great view.

• Like 1

I was at Hucknall Town last night for a step 5 game (9th tier of English football) and some of the football played in the first half by the home team was outstanding.

Both the goals they scored in a 2-1 win was as good as anything you’ll see in the professional game.

I love non-league football. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, alanharper said:

I swear that every time I look, Chesterfield score a late winner. Saw on the app the other night they'd won 3-2 so predicted before looking that they'd have scored in injury time. And sure enough... 

Yeah they are getting a few late winners. However the two games where they have dropped points they have conceded late on too.

• Like 1