Non-League Football

On 08/11/2023 at 09:42, Gparrish said:

Was at Banbury United v Scunthorpe last night. Jacob Butterfield opened the scoring with a 20 odd yarder for Scunthorpe, in a 2 nil away win. They look a very good side at NLN level, as you'd expect. I don't know how accurate this is but I did hear from someone who works in sports agency that Scunthorpe's three strikers wages are more than Banbury's wage budget per week, Banbury do have one of the lowest budgets in the league, despite the Chairman saying different.

I would expect Scunthorpe to be in the top 2, I'd expect Tamworth to drop off. Its a pretty open league this year. Banbury should have enough to stop up, Darlington are bottom of the league, currently. South Shields are doing well under Julio Arca, think they've got a good budget.

Quite sad to see how far Scunthorpe have fallen into Conference North although I think most of the away fans will really enjoy visiting some of the places at that level.

22 hours ago, Alb1owl said:

Chesterfield looking very good for a return to league football this year. And just short of 10,000 there today. Nice to see some local success!

That's incredible for non league. Rotherham barely manage that and they play 3 leagues higher. Really hope they get the job done this year.

• Like 1

Couldn't get tickets for Cray Valley vs Charlton tonight even with my mate being involved at Cray, gutted but will be cheering them on from the Sofa.

My mate was telling me theres a waiting list of over 500 tickets which for a ground that can hold 2k max is brilliant for the Cray

On 13/11/2023 at 02:08, Beighton Owl 87 said:

That's incredible for non league. Rotherham barely manage that and they play 3 leagues higher. Really hope they get the job done this year.

They do some great deals especially through the ndyfl (North Derbyshire youth football league) for kids.

6 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

They do some great deals especially through the ndyfl (North Derbyshire youth football league) for kids.

They're a well run club these days. Watched their game v Portsmouth the other week and they are much better than non league. Hopefully they'll get back up this season. 

Just now, Beighton Owl 87 said:

They're a well run club these days. Watched their game v Portsmouth the other week and they are much better than non league. Hopefully they'll get back up this season. 

Totally out of the loop tbh now I don't live there (but really miss the area). Before I moved they had just started getting out into the community doing stuff.

I'm not in the slightest bit surprised that the hard work is paying off, with more bums on seats.

2 hours ago, Gob_Bluth said:

Couldn't get tickets for Cray Valley vs Charlton tonight even with my mate being involved at Cray, gutted but will be cheering them on from the Sofa.

My mate was telling me theres a waiting list of over 500 tickets which for a ground that can hold 2k max is brilliant for the Cray

Doubt you'll have any trouble getting a ticket for their next home game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, alanharper said:

Doubt you'll have any trouble getting a ticket for their next home game.

Deffo not, my mate says he went once when 400 turned up and it felt cramped and packed.

No idea how they're going to manage with tonight's attendance