Southend United

HMRC serve National League club with another winding-up petition.  So sad these clubs are struggling to survive, whilst Chelsea can spend £600 million to make an awful midtable team.  

The premier league would make a lot more friends if they offered more support to the EFL clubs.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

HMRC serve National League club with another winding-up petition.  So sad these clubs are struggling to survive, whilst Chelsea can spend £600 million to make an awful midtable team.  

The premier league would make a lot more friends if they offered more support to the EFL clubs.  

At least they don’t have Lampard in charge. 

But I agree, it’s a disgrace. Someone like Chelsea could buy Southend and blood their 5000 youngsters there 

Edited by Rogers
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rogers said:

At least they don’t have Lampard in charge. 

But I agree, it’s a disgrace. Someone like Chelsea could buy Southend and blood their 5000 youngsters there 

Lampard himself could buy Southend...

It's just a different thing now

This is why I welcome the 'super league', I'm ready to see a schism. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Since when did the premier league ever give two fecks about the rest of the leagues. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

Nowhere to be seen on the BBC Football page, I imagine Sky Sports has no mention either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, swfcAH said:

Nowhere to be seen on the BBC Football page, I imagine Sky Sports has no mention either. 

No but they will have 4 stories up if Klopp farts or Pep sneezes. 

Huge shame about Southend and Scunthorpe.

What about some kind of buddy system where each season, league 2 club gets allocated a PL side, who all have to share the same (small) amount of their PL money and can loan 5 players to that league 2 club for the season.    I don't know,  english football is going to the dogs 

14 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

What about some kind of buddy system where each season, league 2 club gets allocated a PL side, who all have to share the same (small) amount of their PL money and can loan 5 players to that league 2 club for the season.    I don't know,  english football is going to the dogs 

"Hi is that Swindon Town? Brilliant, you have been paired with Sheffield United so you will be getting Brewster onloan and you now owe £100m as we are sharing the finances. Good luck!"

24 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

What happens when one club gets paired with Man City, and another gets Luton Town?

And what about the 4 clubs who don't get paired at all because there are fewer PL teams than L2?!

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

What happens when one club gets paired with Man City, and another gets Luton Town?

And what about the 4 clubs who don't get paired at all because there are fewer PL teams than L2?!

Like i said "i don't know", just brain storming!.  The main thing would be getting the same finance from each club (say £500K) and then being able to loan in 5 under 21's from that PL club.  It could be that the team who finishes 22nd in league 1 then get paired with the top of the PL.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Like i said "i don't know", just brain storming!.  The main thing would be getting the same finance from each club (say £500K) and then being able to loan in 5 under 21's from that PL club.  It could be that the team who finishes 22nd in league 1 then get paired with the top of the PL.   

Obviously i meant league 2 here..  and the teams going down with parachute money would have to be included.  

I don't think im going to be invited on an FA panel anytime soon

11 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

So they might as well just make PL clubs agree to paying some of their TV money to L2 clubs? 😄

Problem is, there is so much greed in football, especially the PL that most clubs would be against this. 

Just now, Skyline said:

So they might as well just make PL clubs agree to paying some of their TV money to L2 clubs? 😄

Problem is, there is so much greed in football, especially the PL that most clubs would be against this. 

Indeed, that's why i came up with the idea that as part of the deal they could send players to their league 2 club for player development.  

Pep wanted England to be like Europe and allow B teams in our lower leagues, i don't think we need to go that far.  Just trying to think of ways to help lower league clubs survive whilst they could improve on the pitch with more young loans from the PL.  

• Like 1

Chelsea and the PL are a business not a charity, Southend are are a business not a charity case - they both have a responsibility to keep their affairs in order.

Southend deducted PAYE from it employees salaries, Southend charged VAT tickets on the tickets that they sold, and so Southend have the responsibility to pay those monies over to HMRC, not Chelsea or anyone else. If they fail to do that then it is Southend that have taken money that what was not theirs and so they should accept the consequences. 

• Like 2

One massive issue needs sorting

The more money the clubs get - the more they pay it straight into the pockets of players and agents

So, give Southend another £1m and their wage bill goes up by £1m - give or take

While the "quality" of their squad increases marginally - if at all