St mirren …Thank you

Hughdowd

4 hours ago, Hughdowd said:

Thanks St mirren for ending Celtics unbeaten run

Chanting ..”If you hate the royal family ..clap your hands “ throughout the minutes silence is a disgrace 

And Celtic/ Liverpool wonder why everyone hates them 🤬🤬🤬

It was a minutes applause, and a stroke of genius from their fans 

• Haha 1

Similar booing and chants have happened at pretty much every venue in Scottish football over the last week. 

Is it too much to ask? I would say so yes.

What Celtic did, it may be disrespectful to a dead woman and her family, but this is what happens when you try to force politics that not everyone agrees with on wider society. Rangers fans have booed silences for the Pope before. 

Celtic have a large Irish Republican element to their fan base and their club  was founded on the principle of standing up against elitism and the establishment. Their Edinburgh equivalent Hibernian were banned from competing by the SFA and the ‘establishment’ until Hearts stepped in and fought their corner.  

I hate Celtic, but having been brought up in Scotland around sectarianism, and around divided communities I understand the differences, and there is zero point in provoking it. This has encouraged division when we should be moving beyond it.

There shouldn’t have been any silences or applauses in Scotland. No politics in football please.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

It all boils down to common decency and self respect..........would I join in a minutes applause for Gerry Adams ? , no I wouldn`t , but neither would I sing a hateful song about him during that minute.

Sadly this was all too predictable , their hate and bile is deeply unpleasant attention seeking at it`s worst , and speaks volumes for the character and moral compass of those involved.

I agree with Edinburgh to a point that silences and applause should be scrapped in Scotland , but think it`s wrong to say it promotes division.........that division is embedded in these people from an early age and is displayed regularly..... silences or not.

• Like 3
  • Love 1