St mirren …Thank you

Hughdowd

23 minutes ago, markg said:

Exactly  my thoughts 

Needs to be pointed out. 

I saw/heard it against Charlton and I think Rochdale this season. Just not needed, and I have no doubt that the majority of those who did it will have been up in arms over what happened yesterday and other instances. 

9 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

You’re absolutely right about politics in football.

Let’s start with the Green Brigade waving Palestinian flags and chanting about the IRA. Or isn’t that what you meant..?

🤣 And you accuse me of whataboutism on the other thread?

You’re a Rangers apologist and for the record I agree the Green Brigade shouldn’t chant about the IRA. 

8 hours ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Says someone with a picture of someone throwing an Union Jack in the bin as their picture on a Sheffield Wednesday forum.

It belongs in the bin to be fair. There’s a big different between a forum picture and enforcing your political view over thousands of people in a football stadium. 

• Haha 4

And its a minutes silence and a chance for others to show their respects. Not the political event you make it out to be.

However others don't feel the need to show respect or tolerate others views. So go out of their way to goad them.

You lose your poo if any party take an Unionist view. 

Stop justifying it.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Says it all really.

Your Scottish nationalism is as bad as English Nationalism.

I don’t subscribe to Unionism/British Nationalism and equally find that bad. You have a right to disagree with my view, like I do with yours, and that’s fine.

34 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

And its a minutes silence and a chance for others to show their respects. Not the political event you make it out to be.

However others don't feel the need to show respect or tolerate others views. So go out of their way to goad them.

You lose your poo if any party take an Unionist view. 

Stop justifying it.

You’re being naive and you know it. There is no way that any silence or applause was ever going to be respected. For the record I would equally disagree with holding a minute’s silence for a Pope in Scotland, or someone similar, because the same disrespect would be shown from the other side. 

And I’m not justifying the Celtic fans’ behaviour. I absolutely condemn the disrespect shown to the Queen and her family and I feel for them today. It’s not long since we lost a close family member too. I just understand why what happened this week happened.

It was the wrong call and if people wanted to show respect they’d have gone to the Royal Mile or London, not to a Scottish football match.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, edinburghowl said:

I don’t subscribe to Unionism/British Nationalism and equally find that bad. You have a right to disagree with my view, like I do with yours, and that’s fine.

You’re being naive and you know it. There is no way that any silence or applause was ever going to be respected. For the record I would equally disagree with holding a minute’s silence for a Pope in Scotland, or someone similar, because the same disrespect would be shown from the other side. 

And I’m not justifying the Celtic fans’ behaviour. I absolutely condemn the disrespect shown to the Queen and her family and I feel for them today. It’s not long since we lost a close family member too. I just understand why what happened this week happened.

It was the wrong call and if people wanted to show respect they’d have gone to the Royal Mile or London, not to a Scottish football match.

I'm not saying you subscribe to British Nationalism. I find the Scottish Nationalism as bad as that. Which is bad as Celtic fans Republican cos play.

Just because some knobheads were going to boo is no reason to not have it. That is giving in to their immaturity.

Should we stop silences every November for Remembrance day. Because Celtic fans ruin those.

And its a minutes silence and all parts of the UK had a right to have this. Its not hard to observe and is more effort to disrupt it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Needs to be pointed out. 

I saw/heard it against Charlton and I think Rochdale this season. Just not needed, and I have no doubt that the majority of those who did it will have been up in arms over what happened yesterday and other instances. 

Yep. The no politics lad that sits next to me and boos the knee was giving the soldiers are right old clap and belting the national anthem, thought his veins were going to pop. 

15 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

There is no way that any silence or applause was ever going to be respected. For the record I would equally disagree with holding a minute’s silence for a Pope in Scotland, or someone similar, because the same disrespect would be shown from the other side. 

I live in Scotland and pretty much agree with this. The monarchy is a very divisive issue up here so why do this at football games at all, when its 99.9% certain it will be disrupted??

All it does is give idiots a bit of a stage which then upsets other people when the inevitable occurs.

Should just keep minutes silence at football for things that are to do with football IMO.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Quickly Kevin said:

I'm not saying you subscribe to British Nationalism. I find the Scottish Nationalism as bad as that. Which is bad as Celtic fans Republican cos play.

Just because some knobheads were going to boo is no reason to not have it. That is giving in to their immaturity.

Should we stop silences every November for Remembrance day. Because Celtic fans ruin those.

And its a minutes silence and all parts of the UK had a right to have this. Its not hard to observe and is more effort to disrupt it.

That was the point I was making.

I’m presuming you are a Unionist, I’m pro independence for Scotland, which is the growing demographic amongst younger generations in Scotland, and I find Unionism/British Nationalism repugnant. You clearly feel the same way about Scottish Independence/Nationalism. That’s fine. We obviously disagree with each other and I respect that. It’s irrelevant to this anyway. 

And I think when it comes to Celtic, sadly yes, whoever is playing them shouldn’t do a Remembrance Silence and give them the platform to ruin it. It’s disgusting but they will do it every time. 

16 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

And the Palestine flags? You’ve not answered that bit. You either want politics out of football or you don’t. Or does it come down to some politics?

You say you hate Celtic but your energy is different here than it has been in pro-Rangers topics and posts recently. Maybe you hate them just a little bit less because there’s just enough of their politics that you actually quite like? 

You’re Scottish and live in Scotland. You have your perspective on all this and I’m not naive enough to think anything I say will sway you either way. I also don’t care even if you do happen to prefer one of the “ugly sisters” over the other. Just don’t feign this shock or hostile irritation at people on here - a mostly British contingent of posters following an English football team - admiring Rangers for their respect over the past week (and beyond) while condemning that lot for their crass, insensitive and hateful sh*te. 

I do disagree with Palestine flags at games. Are you happy now?

I’ve got no time for either Glasgow club, I don’t like either of them or have a favourite, and I disagree with Union Flags at games too for what’s it worth. And my own club’s fans are guilty of that on occasion too. 

🤣 And “respect from Rangers over the last week”. Are you actually serious?

You accuse me of politics but I’m at least consistent in calling out both Glasgow clubs. It is clearly you who favours one of them (Rangers) because of politics.

You seem happy to sneer at Celtic yet “admire” a club whose fans just in the last week have attempted to attack players and fans of two separate clubs, and who somehow claimed the moral high ground after a display only to then minutes later sing about murdering Catholics live on TV. 

You’re entitled to your opinion but you’re following bigotry and being a hypocrite. 

12 hours ago, Big Malc said:

Can we not just agree that in their own special ways, they’re both a set of despicable vile cuunts that consistently shame football and Scotland?

Amen.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

That was the point I was making.

I’m presuming you are a Unionist, I’m pro independence for Scotland, which is the growing demographic amongst younger generations in Scotland, and I find Unionism/British Nationalism repugnant. You clearly feel the same way about Scottish Independence/Nationalism. That’s fine. We obviously disagree with each other and I respect that. It’s irrelevant to this anyway. 

And I think when it comes to Celtic, sadly yes, whoever is playing them shouldn’t do a Remembrance Silence and give them the platform to ruin it. It’s disgusting but they will do it every time. 

I do disagree with Palestine flags at games. Are you happy now?

I’ve got no time for either Glasgow club, I don’t like either of them or have a favourite, and I disagree with Union Flags at games too for what’s it worth. And my own club’s fans are guilty of that on occasion too. 

🤣 And “respect from Rangers over the last week”. Are you actually serious?

You accuse me of politics but I’m at least consistent in calling out both Glasgow clubs. It is clearly you who favours one of them (Rangers) because of politics.

You seem happy to sneer at Celtic yet “admire” a club whose fans just in the last week have attempted to attack players and fans of two separate clubs, and who somehow claimed the moral high ground after a display only to then minutes later sing about murdering Catholics live on TV. 

You’re entitled to your opinion but you’re following bigotry and being a hypocrite. 

Amen.

Nope I'm not an Unionist and not sure what made you think that. I just find the attitudes of some Scottish Nationalists a bit weird. Its got the  nasty undertones of intolerance and tribalism found in any Nationalist ideology. 

I find it weird that people would disturb and disrupt minutes silences or funerals or general times where people are mourning. I just wouldn't do that kind of thing, regardless of who it was for. I can't think of anyone who could die where I would rub it in their 'followers' faces. I guess the only person I can think of would be putin at the moment. Should he die then I wouldn't shed a tear, I'd hope it would end the bloodshed, but I wouldn't dream of openly mocking or abusing his people, regardless of how misguided I think they are. I'd allow them to grieve then try and talk to them about the pros and cons. 

I'm a nice guy basically. 

• Like 1