European football 22/23

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

I don’t have a funny stick and it’s like European football doesn’t exist. 

Other than BT’s YouTube highlights which I do honestly enjoy the fizz out of. 

Rubbish. 

Yeah I've gone about 5-6 years without watching any European games apart from the finals so was just completely disengaged really. Since Sky Sports lost the rights I did have BT Sport for a bit with my broadband but after that contract ended I switched that as well and lost BT Sport so I just haven't been bothered. Sure that said funny stick will change that though, and I'm convinced that my wife will also be absolutely delighted with the additional football on TV. 

Sky contract just terminated, and I've just dipped my toes into the world of funny sticks for the first time and I don't know why I didn't do it earlier. Getting tons more content for less than 10% of the cost of Sky alone, without BT Sport (plus the extra content from Netflix, Disney+, PPV etc.). Zero guilt, I must have given Sky, BT and Virgin thousands of pounds over the last 20+ years and in return they've ruined English football.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, thesouthowl said:

Where would one look for a funny stick. I'm leaving Virginmedia Sunday after 20+ years

@Paul.. has helped me out this week with a referral to his provider. I had a free trial yesterday and I like it, going to sub to it next week (no point this weekend as 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, alanharper said:

@Paul.. has helped me out this week with a referral to his provider. I had a free trial yesterday and I like it, going to sub to it next week (no point this weekend as 

Bloody phone! 

...all the footy I'll be watching will be on terrestrial TV and I'll be at the Wednesday matches tonight and on Tuesday 

• Thanks 1

Bayern Munich have sacked Nagelsmann and replaced him with Tuchel, despite only being one point off the top, winning 60 of 84 games in charge, and having just knocked PSG out of the Champions League.

Not every team in Europe can go half a season unbeaten, you know...

3 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

Bayern Munich have sacked Nagelsmann and replaced him with Tuchel, despite only being one point off the top, winning 60 of 84 games in charge, and having just knocked PSG out of the Champions League.

Not every team in Europe can go half a season unbeaten, you know...

Bonkers decision.

I'll bet Darren's sweating.

Napoli back on track in Serie A after their 4-0 hammering against Milan at home with a 2-1 win at Lecce - certainly missed Osimhen against Milan.4 more wins out of 9 games will give them the title.Milan away in the Champions League next and Verona at home on Saturday.

Man City v Bayern  tonight. 

These are the games that Haaland has been bought for. Whilst he's been entertaining flat track bullying teams in the Premier League, Man City hardly needed his goals there. 

It is here in the CL that they needed something extra, and in my mind if he doesn't produce in these games and make the difference that City have been looking for in this competition, his signing will have been pretty pointless really. 

7 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Man City v Bayern  tonight. 

These are the games that Haaland has been bought for. Whilst he's been entertaining flat track bullying teams in the Premier League, Man City hardly needed his goals there. 

It is here in the CL that they needed something extra, and in my mind if he doesn't produce in these games and make the difference that City have been looking for in this competition, his signing will have been pretty pointless really. 

10 goals in 6 CL games, he's not doing too badly so far.

As Banno says - it's not getting hatfuls of goals when they canter through the group - it's getting THE goal in the tightest games that makes a difference

Man U have to win the CL - that's what he was bought for

Obviously its not his fault if they don't win it - however that was City's intention

I hope he does prove to be the difference and City win the cl - people should recognise when there is a generational player playing in their time - too many players get the full recognition after they retire sadly.

1 hour ago, scram said:

As Banno says - it's not getting hatfuls of goals when they canter through the group - it's getting THE goal in the tightest games that makes a difference

Man U have to win the CL - that's what he was bought for

Obviously its not his fault if they don't win it - however that was City's intention

I hope he does prove to be the difference and City win the cl - people should recognise when there is a generational player playing in their time - too many players get the full recognition after they retire sadly.

Yeah I know what he meant - but Haaland's goal haul so far doesn't suggest that the CL is too much for him. In fact he's got 33 goals in 25 total CL appearances for City, Dortmund and Salzburg which is pretty sensational and is way better than anyone else's record at that stage (Messi took 48 appearances to score 30 goals, Lewandowski 46, Mbappe 51, Ronaldo 74 - the previous record holder was Van Nistelrooy who scored 30 goals in 34 games).

Yes he has to do it in the latter stages as well, but even if City don't win it whilst he's with them it hardly makes them buying him "pretty pointless really". Could say the same about Mbappe having never won it with PSG.

Real Madrid vs Chelsea tomorrow should be good…. Are Chelsea going to surprise us and actually do OK ?

Interesting that both managers have managed Everton, and that Don Carlo was Lampards manager at one point. 

Possibly the greatest manager ever vs Frank Lampard