European football 22/23

19 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

Yeah probably should have waited to see if they were kept apart. Still fancy the English clubs to win though especially West Ham. They have won all 10 games so far and appear to be the strongest left after Villarreal got knocked out. 

Got to fancy Napoli to make the final now after that draw.

If City are going to win it they’re going to have to beat them all… looks like it’ll be Bayern quarters, Real Madrid semis, Napoli final 

6 minutes ago, SnowyOwl13 said:

That Champions League draw means a team you wouldn't say are part of the elite European teams are going to make it, which will be interesting.

The Italian teams are having a renaissance in Europe this season and looking at the draw an Italian side (most likely Napoli) will make the final.

City couldn’t have had a worse draw really 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

The Italian teams are having a renaissance in Europe this season and looking at the draw an Italian side (most likely Napoli) will make the final.

City couldn’t have had a worse draw really 

Benfica are having a fantastic season too, just one loss in all competitions

• Thanks 1

I'll actually be taking an interest in European football again now, I haven't had BT Sport for a few years so didn't really engage with the CL/EL until the finals. Now I'm getting it on a "funny stick", I watched the Arsenal game last night which (other than the Barca v Frankfurt game last season which I watched in a Spanish hotel room on a German TV channel!) was the first Europa game outside of the final I've watched in years.

Not the Conference League though - that can swivel.

• Haha 2

Man City just don't have the defence to win this , they can be so easily got at down the flanks. 

Haaland is going to have to do some very heavy lifting to give them a chance,  but it doesn't look like it's going to be their year. Again.

Not beating Chelsea in lockdown was really poor for them, that was their chance. I bet Chelsea couldn't believe they won that year. 

22 minutes ago, alanharper said:

I'll actually be taking an interest in European football again now, I haven't had BT Sport for a few years so didn't really engage with the CL/EL until the finals. Now I'm getting it on a "funny stick", I watched the Arsenal game last night which (other than the Barca v Frankfurt game last season which I watched in a Spanish hotel room on a German TV channel!) was the first Europa game outside of the final I've watched in years.

Not the Conference League though - that can swivel.

The funny sticks are a must now 

6 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

Man City just don't have the defence to win this , they can be so easily got at down the flanks. 

Haaland is going to have to do some very heavy lifting to give them a chance,  but it doesn't look like it's going to be their year. Again.

Not beating Chelsea in lockdown was really poor for them, that was their chance. I bet Chelsea couldn't believe they won that year. 

I still think City are the team to beat when you watch them play well like on Tuesday.

But if they’re going to win it this year they’ll have to do it the hard way after that draw.

Their away form is a bit of a concern but always back them to score goals against anyone at home