Harlee Dean

Nothing actually solid in any of the articles about Dean ,  just been regurgitated by different media outlets putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole on even half of that, paying massive wages and long contracts is part of the reason we're in league 1 and shopping around the bargain bucket, so going down that route again should be avoided at all costs. I have 0 idea about wages within the club, but anything over say, 10-12k a week sounds high for league 1? Wouldn't be breaking the structure for anybody.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Wouldn't touch him with a barge pole on even half of that, paying massive wages and long contracts is part of the reason we're in league 1 and shopping around the bargain bucket, so going down that route again should be avoided at all costs. I have 0 idea about wages within the club, but anything over say, 10-12k a week sounds high for league 1? Wouldn't be breaking the structure for anybody.

Did you see our defending on Saturday lol

wr need him back

If he really is on £31k per week this would make a deal very difficult. There may be some convoluted way of doing this involving him taking a small pay cut in exchange for a longer contract (but he's not going to want to drop down too far). And those wages are daft for League One, so might also need some kind of promotion bonus (guarantee of higher wages if/when we get promoted) or non-promotion release clause.

A cleaner solution would be a loan, that wouldn't tie us in to a ridiculous contract if we don't get promoted. But how much of the £31k would Birmingham want? If it was 50% it might be a reasonable deal. Anything above 50% and it starts to get awfully expensive.

Remember, he broke down with an injury last time and missed half our games. On the other hand, for the crunch games against Sunderland, we rated him as our 2nd best player in both matches.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

it's already broken for Bannan. there wont be another player on half what he is IMO. 

1 hour ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

So to summarise, you are saying 'Paying massive wages"  "should be avoided at all COSTS".

That  just doesn't seem logical

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Nothing actually solid in any of the articles about Dean ,  just been regurgitated by different media outlets putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 5

I suspect that this is very much the club using the press to apply pressure to his parent club by trying to play hard ball with BCFC , in much the same way we are with Wilks.

Its widely reported that he is on £31k, where has that very specific figure come from?. He wasnt loaned out to a championship club last season or linked with one this summer. I suspect thats due to clauses in his contract that will trigger an increase in weekly basis pay. ( we know all about those from the past!).  Increases are often triggered on starts for parent club or a club in the same division or higher, if loaned out but not to lower division clubs The basic £31k , wont include appearances , clean sheets etc.. Their new manager got him fit in the summer talked him up in pre season , played him to put him in the shop window. However he wasnt  even been named in the squad last week .  BCFC really are stuck between a rock and a hard place, play him and it cost them more.Very unlikely a championship clubs come for him with his injury record with us. Combined with the fact the only other championship clubs that could afford him would be ambitious ones or premier league sides that have dropped down. Dont see any of them coming for him. Which only leaves us and maybe Derby that might be prepared to pay him a good chunk of his wages. ( Derby probably stopped by EFL).  We would want him I guess, He would probably be happy to come back, winning games,, win bonus , good crowds, knows set up etc. 

I expect us to sign him before the window closes, in one way or another. Probably on a season long loan with BCFC footing a good chunk and us picking up the rest .He would have to agree to waive other increases etc.        

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

unfortunately so yes haha, just feel there's got to be cheaper options than someone who would demand a wage to be one of the highest earners.

I understand what you want but its about value rather than price.

We need to go up this season and its far more likely to happen with players like Dean in the side.

Bringing in another cheap option like say another Henegan isnt good value imo if we really wanna go up and double our income.

Dean, Wilks and roll the dice on a quick prem loanee wide player. Recruitment over.

• Like 2