Chansiri in attendance tomorrow

19 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

In the 15 years from getting relegated to Chansiri taking over we finished in the top half of the championship once and were relegated to league one twice - on both occasions it took 2 seasons to go up. In Dec 2010 were we’re about to go into admin and had it not been for the co-op bank being willing to absorb losses we would have. In the 8 years since he took Over we have finished in the play offs twice and a further season in the top half. Yes he’s dropped some massive clangers but he’s put money in not taken it out. The last day against derby wasn’t shameful. We drew and were one goal from staying up against a team who were in the same boat as us. The horrific league positions of the last 8 season are somewhat exaggerated . We we’re in this league from 1975-80. In you exclude 91-99 the last 8 years have been the best since we were relegated in 1970.

It was shameful because any football fan with a brain and knew about our plight thought we deserved it and wanted us down, and they were right.

I know anything can be argued by stats, but the events and subjective experience of those 18 months were the worst i've had to go through as a Wednesday fan.  Half the players had given up, big name and almost essential players were frozen out,  players weren't paid on 3 separate occasions leading us to be in the national news and 2 of our top prospects left on a free. In some of the games it looked liked we'd given up before kick-off and Monk/Pulis didn't have a clue how to correct it, regardless of injuries or not.  Not being able to go to the matches was almost a relief.

Our chairman attempting to cheat the system like a p@ssed del boy was caught with his hand in the till after 2 pie in the sky promotion attempts.  How much did it cost for a few pints in the sun in London and a 0-0 versus Huddersfield?  Was any of it worth it?  And what the f is d-taxis?

We rightly deserved a points deduction and arguing against it just showed what lengths people will go to defend their team. The scary bit about it is that many people predicted that once the following accounts were presented we were facing another points deduction in league 1.   We could still. It makes me nervous when I hear that its that time to present the accounts again.  We luckily just avoided an embargo last summer and didn't even know how much or even if Channers was going to spend anything.  He would have been sacked in any other position.  

Yea nice one Channers.  Although the team looks stable and competent now, with the play-offs a decent return in our first season in league 1, what happened before shouldn't be swept under the carpet.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, 1867tim said:

Surely not all chairmen are the same and, I think,  some are far, far worse.  Our chairman made serious efforts to get us into the Premiership/league/whateverthey'recalling it, he made serious mistakes when that effort failed, he got seriously shafted by Bruce, he has maintained a serious committment to our club despite some serious abuse.  Are you seriously saying he's as bad as the seriously bad chairmen, Oyston, for example?

OMG like having Pol Pot as a chairman and saying calm down, at least it’s not Idi Amin. FFS were supposed to be thankful for CC, cakeball, umbongos, failing to pay wages, relegation, soft umbongos, no refunds and no ground because he hasn’t nuked the place!!! There’s nowt as queer as folk. 

• Love 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

OMG like having Pol Pot as a chairman and saying calm down, at least it’s not Idi Amin. FFS were supposed to be thankful for CC, cakeball, umbongos, failing to pay wages, relegation, soft umbongos, no refunds and no ground because he hasn’t nuked the place!!! There’s nowt as queer as folk. 

Great post.  I forgot about the sh@t celebrations and ground sale.  How big is the list.

Guest Jack the Hat
17 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

It was shameful because any football fan with a brain and knew about our plight thought we deserved it and wanted us down, and they were right.

I know anything can be argued by stats, but the events and subjective experience of those 18 months were the worst i've had to go through as a Wednesday fan.  Half the players had given up, big name and almost essential players were frozen out,  players weren't paid on 3 separate occasions leading us to be in the national news and 2 of our top prospects left on a free. In some of the games it looked liked we'd given up before kick-off and Monk/Pulis didn't have a clue how to correct it, regardless of injuries or not.  Not being able to go to the matches was almost a relief.

Our chairman attempting to cheat the system like a p@ssed del boy was caught with his hand in the till after 2 pie in the sky promotion attempts.  How much did it cost for a few pints in the sun in London and a 0-0 versus Huddersfield?  Was any of it worth it?  And what the f is d-taxis?

We rightly deserved a points deduction and arguing against it just showed what lengths people will go to defend their team. The scary bit about it is that many people predicted that once the following accounts were presented we were facing another points deduction in league 1.   We could still. It makes me nervous when I hear that its that time to present the accounts again.  We luckily just avoided an embargo last summer and didn't even know how much or even if Channers was going to spend anything.  He would have been sacked in any other position.  

Yea nice one Channers.  Although the team looks stable and competent now, with the play-offs a decent return in our first season in league 1, what happened before shouldn't be swept under the carpet.

Fair enough. I’m not arguing things with stats just stating league positions which are facts. I was just putting a different point of view across as mr Chansiri takes a lot of abuse on here . I feel we are quite different in the way we view things as I have never once worried about the accounts of a football club. I’m also not bothered if we have been on the national news about not paying players and I don’t believe other fans have given  us much thought either. Loads of clubs have had money issues and teams like Palace and Middleboro have used administration to their advantage in the past. I don’t worry much about stuff like that, you obviously do so fair play to you!

2 hours ago, morganowl said:

dont know what the big deal is . he was in the stand for a few games last season ,nobody bothered him. im thankful that he kept this club going due his very bad advisers he got the club into a perilous state and during the c break the wages still had to be paid , would a tyre kicking owner have continued to pay the bills and support the manager like he has? i somehow doubt it . with proper advise , the right managers and listening more we probably would have had 1/2 seasons in the top flight and still at least at championship level . but thats gone now .let it go . if you cant move on as a supporter then its pointless you attend as we now are more of a positive mindset as a club . criticism is still allowed this season on manager tactics ,players performances etc but we cant complain on the financial backing last season or this season. 

Agree sensible comments, no one else would step in the last two years ! Without his backing we could be Bury playing Hallam! 

28 minutes ago, 1966 said:

Agree sensible comments, no one else would step in the last two years ! Without his backing we could be Bury playing Hallam! 

GIve the man a medal for sweeping up his own rubbish, following the financial rules, not listening to advisors and maybe discovering the meaning of the word 'sustainable'

Edited by HIGHERSTATE

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Not really, more like having Chansiri and saying calm down at least it's not Oyston.  Stay real.

So far he's been a disaster..... he may have tried his best at the start, but he's made a huge mess of things... 

I think the relationship has died.... he's just been hidden away since just before Covid started. There is no excuse for hiding away.... especially when your the one who's made the mess. Leadership is being able to lead when it's tough. Accepting the nature of being an owner means you get stick when you make mistakes and learning that PR disasters you create yourself don't help matters.

Happy clappers jog on. He might have wanted to do a good job but so far, it's been anything but. Football it's about actions and his tenure has had one Wembley final that we didn't turn up for. Comparing his lack of success to previous years is pathetic. You don't make progress by saying at least we are not as bad as our worst time. Look around, many smaller clubs with far less than us have far more ambition and desire to be better and expect better....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

You’re killing our club

You’re killing our club

Fûck off Chansiri!!!!

You're killing our club.

For 90 minutes. 

But we won’t. Because we’re the most spineless, pathetic fans in English football. He’d have been hounded out of most clubs by now. 

But we just have fùćkwits that suck him off.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 hours ago, 1966 said:

I like many Wednesday fans are totally fed up with how unprofessional we have been run, however tel me who else in the last 20 odd years has tried to get us in the prem been one game away and invested so much money … no one !!

Maybe if the money had been better invested, we'd be there now. Just a thought. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelman said:

You’re killing our club

You’re killing our club

Fûck off Chansiri!!!!

You're killing our club.

For 90 minutes. 

But we won’t. Because we’re the most spineless, pathetic fans in English football. He’d have been hounded out of most clubs by now. 

Some of us who felt angry because we thought the club was dying have been able to move on.  Life - and your post - teach us that that is the healthier option.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Steelman said:

we’re the most spineless, pathetic fans in English football. He’d have been hounded out of most clubs by now. 

sometimes post not poster is hard to adhere to ......but i'll stick with it