Chansiri in attendance tomorrow

3 hours ago, Pieman said:

Excellent. Despite many mistakes, the last few months have been a huge upturn in his running of the club. I am also thankful for the funds he continues to put in.

I hope he and Att have a great day and a result to remember!

UTO.

And if he hadn't put the funds in, regardless of all else, where would we be?  They'd be sticking up 'affordable homes' on the pitch.  

• Like 1

dont know what the big deal is . he was in the stand for a few games last season ,nobody bothered him. im thankful that he kept this club going due his very bad advisers he got the club into a perilous state and during the c break the wages still had to be paid , would a tyre kicking owner have continued to pay the bills and support the manager like he has? i somehow doubt it . with proper advise , the right managers and listening more we probably would have had 1/2 seasons in the top flight and still at least at championship level . but thats gone now .let it go . if you cant move on as a supporter then its pointless you attend as we now are more of a positive mindset as a club . criticism is still allowed this season on manager tactics ,players performances etc but we cant complain on the financial backing last season or this season. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest Jack the Hat
2 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Thats a big understatement.  I hated watching Wednesday and our name getting dragged through the mud for 18 months.

Ending in a shameful last day at Derby.

In the 15 years from getting relegated to Chansiri taking over we finished in the top half of the championship once and were relegated to league one twice - on both occasions it took 2 seasons to go up. In Dec 2010 were we’re about to go into admin and had it not been for the co-op bank being willing to absorb losses we would have. In the 8 years since he took Over we have finished in the play offs twice and a further season in the top half. Yes he’s dropped some massive clangers but he’s put money in not taken it out. The last day against derby wasn’t shameful. We drew and were one goal from staying up against a team who were in the same boat as us. The horrific league positions of the last 8 season are somewhat exaggerated . We we’re in this league from 1975-80. In you exclude 91-99 the last 8 years have been the best since we were relegated in 1970.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Deffo not me

(I cant bend over that far)

lol

Everybody on bluntsmad at the time wer slaggin 'you' off bigtime..'did you see that fat so n so who runs owlstalk bowin to chansiri..etc etc garymegson

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Like every other chairman are every other club

Surely not all chairmen are the same and, I think,  some are far, far worse.  Our chairman made serious efforts to get us into the Premiership/league/whateverthey'recalling it, he made serious mistakes when that effort failed, he got seriously shafted by Bruce, he has maintained a serious committment to our club despite some serious abuse.  Are you seriously saying he's as bad as the seriously bad chairmen, Oyston, for example?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hangonrose said:

And if he hadn't put the funds in, regardless of all else, where would we be?  They'd be sticking up 'affordable homes' on the pitch.  

So it wasn’t for Chansiri we would no longer exist as a club and Hillsborough would not be a housing development?

Just bizarre.

4 hours ago, Pieman said:

Excellent. Despite many mistakes, the last few months have been a huge upturn in his running of the club. I am also thankful for the funds he continues to put in.

I hope he and Att have a great day and a result to remember!

UTO.

4 hours ago, Luke said:

FFS honestly 

Ye! Stop being so positive on the night before the season starts!!! 

• Haha 1