The weirdest thing you've seen thrown onto the pitch?

6 hours ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

The seat cushions from the Cantilever in the late 60's in the midst of our inexorable decline from the top flight.

Just a footnote: I've still got the home programmes from that season apart from one when I think I was on holiday.

We were so bad that season 😫,  Man City tried to let us win that last home game except nobody told their substitute Ian Bowyer who came on and scored twice.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bradowl said:

When ref awarded us a penalty and VAR overturned decision at Stamford Bridge against Chelsea in cup a couple of years ago someone threw what looked like swimming goggles from upper tier. 

Yep. 

Had been abroad and went match when got back and lad had lost his glasses so went match with prescription goggles. 

Good day out that day. Proper wednesday support 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DCFCOwls said:

A pair of womens knockers... the weird thing about it is he would have took them out the wifes drawer to specifically throw them towards the away end... odd 

Surely the weirdest thing there is that his wife keeps her breasts in a drawer. 

• Haha 3

In the early 70s, I remember seeing a few oranges thrown on for Oxford's goalkeeper. 

I don't know if he was called Burton but apparently he had a reputation for liking oranges - he peeled one and ate it as a recall. I was very young but remember him having some light hearted banter with our fans on the kop.

I  those days  visiting goalies had little else to do.