Worst SWFC Player of the past 10 years (Owlstalk Ratings)

Quite harsh this one. 

I didn't think he was a bad player at all. Decent back up to whenever Wallace or Bannan got injured. Unfortunately the time he spent here, Wallace and Bannan were the main starters on the wings. 

Would I rather Sougou coming on for 30 minutes or Kachunga? Sougou all the time

Same with Ash Baker, quite a harsh one for him to be number 4 given he was no where near ready for first team football, despite the cries from fans wanting to give youth a chance. 

Buttercup, Kachunga and Moses make my top 4 but the winner for me is Abdi by a country mile.  

Talented player but was a drain on the club and as far as signings go a very expensive failure.  I feel like being very critical/scathing of Abdi but suspect a lot happened behind the scenes and if he had mental health issues then any criticism of him by me would be unfair.

I'm not going to post an analysis of Jaden Brown's career. He's the only player with a chance to escape from this list, as he's still at the club. And he's only started 10 games so far, a few good performances would soon get him up the charts, so it is over to you Jaden....

• Like 1
  • Love 1

These for me are the worst Sheffield Wednesday players in my failing memory, 

Jake Kean

Urby Emanuelson

Ash Baker

Rhoys Wiggins

Darryl Lachmann

Rafael Floro

Almen Abdi

Gary Taylor Fletcher

Jay Bothroyd 

Sergiu Bus

Hallam Hope

Some of them never got to wear the shirt (thank God) 

14 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Jake Kean

Urby Emanuelson

Ash Baker

Rhoys Wiggins

Darryl Lachmann

Rafael Floro

Almen Abdi

Gary Taylor Fletcher

Jay Bothroyd 

Sergiu Bus

Hallam Hope

We have had far far worse players than some of those on the list, huge difference between bad players, young kids and transfers not working out. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

That list is my opinion, I'm sure there's loads of players I've missed out on

So a third choice keeper who never played is one our worst players of the last 10 years, but you dont class the likes of Butterfield, Kachunga, Buckley  or McManaman 4 senior players whoose efforts in our shirt were non existant in the main. 

As you say your  opinion i just cant see the logic behind some of your choices. 

1 hour ago, elyowl1 said:

So a third choice keeper who never played is one our worst players of the last 10 years, but you dont class the likes of Butterfield, Kachunga, Buckley  or McManaman 4 senior players whoose efforts in our shirt were non existant in the main. 

No some players weren't even good enough in training to even be considered for the first team, we have all different opinions on players anyway

8 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

Agree with all this except Buckley.

He put plenty of effort in while he was here, played with a knackered shoulder after being completely taken out against Preston.

12 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Jake Kean

Urby Emanuelson

Ash Baker

Rhoys Wiggins

Darryl Lachmann

Rafael Floro

Almen Abdi

Gary Taylor Fletcher

Jay Bothroyd 

Sergiu Bus

Hallam Hope

I’ve never understood the obsession some of fans have with Gary Taylor-Fletcher he was a short term loan (one month) who didn’t make much of an impact. We must have had dozens of them over the years. If he didn’t regularly feature in these lists I’d have completely forgotten about him.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, The Hoppy Hopper said:

I’ve never understood the obsession some of fans have with Gary Taylor-Fletcher he was a short term loan (one month) who didn’t make much of an impact. We must have had dozens of them over the years. If he didn’t regularly feature in these lists I’d have completely forgotten about him.

Totally agree.

While he didn't do anything that was that good nor did he really do anything that bad. I think it looks a worse deal (to some) because of who we were bringing in just under a year later.

One of many players who arrived at Wednesday a few years passed their peak.

• Like 2