Worst SWFC Player of the past 10 years (Owlstalk Ratings)

On 16/07/2022 at 08:58, Daniele Giovanni said:

These for me are the worst Sheffield Wednesday players in my failing memory, 

Jake Kean

Urby Emanuelson

Ash Baker

Rhoys Wiggins

Darryl Lachmann

Rafael Floro

Almen Abdi

Gary Taylor Fletcher

Jay Bothroyd 

Sergiu Bus

Hallam Hope

Some of them never got to wear the shirt (thank God) 

How can you put Kean and lachman in? And emanuelson and floro, do they even play 200 minutes between them? 

26 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

How can you put Kean and lachman in? And emanuelson and floro, do they even play 200 minutes between them? 

I called him on this, its apparently because they were so bad in training they never got to play. 

I mean a 3rd choice keeper over Westwood in his prime, i saw Urbys one game and he looked steady so god only knows what the situation was with him. 

Each to their own on their criteria though. 

3 hours ago, elyowl1 said:

I called him on this, its apparently because they were so bad in training they never got to play. 

I mean a 3rd choice keeper over Westwood in his prime, i saw Urbys one game and he looked steady so god only knows what the situation was with him. 

Each to their own on their criteria though. 

Thank you

2 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Thank you

I respect your choices of worst players, i do disagree on your criteria and methodology on how you chose them hence why most would not be in my list thats all. 

6 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Who is worst I wonder?

kadeem Harris is my bet .

It has to be. If Harris isn't number 1 then this list loses all credibility.

Harris was utter utter utter utter dog doo. He invented new levels of utter utter doggy poop on the pitch. An absolutely woeful player.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

I respect your choices of worst players, i do disagree on your criteria and methodology on how you chose them hence why most would not be in my list thats all. 

Yep some seem to be confused about this thread being about the worst transfers, not the worst players.   
clearly the likes of Rhodes and abdi would be on the worst transfers list, but not on the worst players list in my opinion.  Harris would be a worthy winner 

Edited by Southie_Owl

29 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

Yep some seem to be confused about this thread being about the worst transfers, not the worst players.   
clearly the likes of Rhodes and abdi would be on the worst transfers list, but not on the worst players list in my opinion.  Harris would be a worthy winner 

I agree, again its all about perspective, Rhodes yes a bad transfer, our worst player no, BUT given what he had done previously he never looked like scoring for us. 

Given a criteria of expectations vs reality then a good argument for him to be on the list, where as Harris just about matched the expectations of a free transfer desperation signing but at least he tried. 

Then the likes of Bothroyd, McMananman, Butterfield and a few others just couldn't be arsed, far far worse than kids like Ash who were not upto the standard but gave everything for the shirt. 

11 hours ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Feel a bit for Sougou, think our expectations were too high back then and he became a bit of a scapegoat. Jaden Brown shouldn't be in this list, started brightly enough just had a stinker vs hartlepool. 

Sougou is another one who actually didn't do much wrong at all, probably got injured at the wrong time when we were building up momentum under Carlos. Similar to Marco Matias, timing and the form of others did for him that season.

5 hours ago, steelerian said:

It has to be. If Harris isn't number 1 then this list loses all credibility.

Harris was utter utter utter utter dog doo. He invented new levels of utter utter doggy poop on the pitch. An absolutely woeful player.

And Jay Bothroyd made him look like Ronaldinho…

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, kristmace said:

Only one spot left... Must be between Harris, Katchunga, Butterfield and Abdi.

It's amazing to think that 3 of those are not in the top ten at all!!

Abdi didnt play too bad in the few times he played for us, so it wont be him.

• Like 1