Do other fans reject some of their player as much as our fans do?

42 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think when someone voices a strong opinion on a player (being rubbish or great) its not so much about the player more a an attention seeking device for themselves.

No doubt there are some attention-seeking posts, but I'm also pretty sure there are some people who just happen to hold fairly strong opinions about certain players, whether positive or negative.

You can usually tell the genuine posters from the attention-seekers by the way they express themselves.

On 23/05/2022 at 10:46, Mighty Quinn said:

I listen to it regularly and Brian the Miller has never wanted Warne sacked it was that nobhead watmacallit Paul that said it, complete arsehole, but Brian the Miller usually is OK, not like Brian the sycophantic blunt..

This time last year both were wanting not only Warne out but the owner too, because of lack of ambition and relegation.

They were the excuses they used.

On 22/05/2022 at 20:46, shandypants said:

It seems that we Wednesdayites are a bit self-destructive at times with our rejection of our own players. It seems that every one of our players has some real loathsome characters wanting to chase them out of the club. I was the same with Rhodes (he was w4nnkk though). 

In my experience certainly at Sunderland, I think we are just as bad.  Don't believe the current hype over Lyndon Gooch as a lot of our fan base have this season really got on his case so we can be as bad at having a go at our own players as well

On 22/05/2022 at 21:42, GermanBird said:

I do feel sorry for both of our goalkeepers.

It seems like we will never forgive them the mistakes they made in the past.

Why? No one feels sorry for other professionals who don’t make the grade They are being paid handsomely in a job they love Probablyset up for life before 30 years of age financially 

1 hour ago, parajack said:

Why? No one feels sorry for other professionals who don’t make the grade They are being paid handsomely in a job they love Probablyset up for life before 30 years of age financially 

Most of us can do their job without being criticised by thousands.

It's horrible enough to have to put up with the public pressure for any mistake you make right now, but with our goalkeepers it's even worse. 

Many fans have written them off for mistakes they made during their development years. In my opinion everybody should get a second chance and we have to recognize that great goalkeepers do not just appear - they need years to develop and grow!

• Love 1

6 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

This time last year both were wanting not only Warne out but the owner too, because of lack of ambition and relegation.

As I told you earlier you are mistaken about Brian the Miller say anything about Warne out or the owner. 

Guest FoxOwl12
On 22/05/2022 at 21:47, Mister Soul said:

Not on the level that’s at S6. But I believe  it’s mainly from the usual suspects that believe that we are actually a Premiership club, that a manager can click his fingers and we get promoted or even worse thought Pulis was going to be good idea. .. or Paul Cook. 
Their expectations out weigh reality and when a player doesn’t click on their debut he’s a waste of money.

However I think the majority of Owls are quite balanced, realistic, patient people

Well said.

Guest FoxOwl12
On 23/05/2022 at 09:39, katie melua said:

Oh gosh, if you think we're bad

Arsenal and Emmanuel Adebayor

They absolutely despised that player and were celebrating like they'd won Euro Millions when he left for Manchester City. Everyone remembers that celebration though as payback

Also in recent times

Just look at the abuse Harry Maguire gets from Manchester United fans

Aye. But then Maguire is overrated. 

On 23/05/2022 at 12:02, @owlstalk said:

What's weirder than fans hating their own players are the fans who want to try and justify fans hating their own players

You know the type

"we pay our money and they get paid millions and drive bentley's so I should be able to abuse them on twitter and boooo them whilst they're playing" etc

agree never understood why what car they drive means they are fair game 

Footballers are well paid should they drive old bangers ?

• Like 1

Guest Musttryharder
8 hours ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Who are you referring to exactly? The only two who get stick are Palmer (undeserved) and Dawson (deserved).

Hunt, Paterson, Kamberi, Sow, the list goes on. They have had their fair share, deserved or not.

8 hours ago, adelphi1867 said:

Mighty Quinn is right 

Paul The Miller has called for Warne to be sacked regularly but Brian hasn't to my knowledge ever called for that and i know Brian slightly 

2 hours ago, GermanBird said:

It's horrible enough to have to put up with the public pressure for any mistake you make right now, but with our goalkeepers it's even worse. 

Many fans have written them off for mistakes they made during their development years. In my opinion everybody should get a second chance and we have to recognize that great goalkeepers do not just appear - they need years to develop and grow!

Great post. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, GermanBird said:

Development Years? Check their ages,appearances, what level they have played at, and how many managers havnt felt confident to make them no 1 They aren’t ‘lads’ as some describe them to feel sorry for Many footballers have been released in their career,sometimes it’s the making of them,sometimes not  It’s not the fans picking the team 

13 hours ago, shandypants said:

Great post. 

You than will be looking forward without complaint to having CD as no 1 and Joe Wildsmith 2 this coming season? You will be confident that area is covered?

let’s see if DM shares your confidence,and if he does let’s see how that plays out

• Like 1

On 23/05/2022 at 10:19, Dizzys Dad said:

And these lads are two of our own, not keepers we’ve spent zillions on. Neither of them are world beaters, but they’re way better than many we’ve faced this season.

If they played for someone else, a lot of their detractors would be wanting us to sign them. Our expectations kill this club. It’s time we realised we’ve been an underachieving club for nearly 100 years.Please get real, we’re not Real Madrid.

Deafening keep clapping away. Give them a pay rise than,why not? Another 5 Year contract 

• Haha 1