Do other fans reject some of their player as much as our fans do?

On 24/05/2022 at 08:41, matthefish2002 said:

I think when someone voices a strong opinion on a player (being rubbish or great) its not so much about the player more a an attention seeking device for themselves.

Or they might just be giving an opinion?it IS after all aForum

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, parajack said:

Development Years? Check their ages,appearances, what level they have played at, and how many managers havnt felt confident to make them no 1 They aren’t ‘lads’ as some describe them to feel sorry for Many footballers have been released in their career,sometimes it’s the making of them,sometimes not  It’s not the fans picking the team 

Of course the managers should release players, which they don't rate. I don't feel sorry, if they are not up to the task.

My issue was that the fans are judging - not by the current performance, but based on their memory of previous performances. 

That's what I feel sorry about!   Once we as a fanbase have an opinion, it's nearly impossible to change that by an improved performance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

Of course the managers should release players, which they don't rate. I don't feel sorry, if they are not up to the task.

My issue was that the fans are judging - not by the current performance, but based on their memory of previous performances. 

That's what I feel sorry about!   Once we as a fanbase have an opinion, it's nearly impossible to change that by an improved performance.

I feel we as a fan base should not take a sentimental view to a players performance It happened with other players ‘Fessi’ ‘Westy’ ‘Hutch’ people still yearning to hold on to,or even bring back players released rather than turning a page and moving on Players have been here a LONG time without bringing success to the Club need moving on..,,

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, parajack said:

I feel we as a fan base should not take a sentimental view to a players performance It happened with other players ‘Fessi’ ‘Westy’ ‘Hutch’ people still yearning to hold on to,or even bring back players released rather than turning a page and moving on Players have been here a LONG time without bringing success to the Club need moving on..,,

I fully agree with you on this point

( ☺️although I fall in love with our players as well and have to remind myself that I have to stop that)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, GermanBird said:

Remember also it’s not the fans who made the decision to bring in a loan keeper,& send Cameron on loan it was our manager 

7 hours ago, parajack said:

You than will be looking forward without complaint to having CD as no 1 and Joe Wildsmith 2 this coming season? You will be confident that area is covered?

let’s see if DM shares your confidence,and if he does let’s see how that plays out

My god! You must live a grim life. Do you have to criticise everything?

• Like 1

Happens with every team...
With Vancouver I couldn't understand the love affair with our first ever DP Eric Hasli... bloody rubbish but thousands loved him...

My NHL team Edmonton Oilers - Just read Facebook at moment... Pitchforks and Flaming Torches for our top defender...  Nurse..  I think he's an elite defender... but some think otherwise...

Bottom line - I think most sports teams have a group of players that everyone seems to like...   Then there are the players that are polarizing... (e.g. Rhodes, Big Dave etc)...   Heck, yesterday I said I liked Pressman and that triggered a response from a few fellow fans...  He must have done something good as an Owl to last as many seasons as he did...  

It could come down to expectations as well....  We expect a lot from Bannan....  he has a bad game and he's being told to take a DC Taxi back to Scotland...  Next game he scores a wonder goal and all is forgiven.. 

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

My god! You must live a grim life. Do you have to criticise everything?

Id'e over react if i were you mate....OH sorry you already have....My post has a number of Q,and one statement at the end,there is NO critique,...

YES someone has posted something you dont like OR agree with....instead of the over emotive responces IF you disagree answer the Q,& say why...