Do other fans reject some of their player as much as our fans do?

It seems that we Wednesdayites are a bit self-destructive at times with our rejection of our own players. It seems that every one of our players has some real loathsome characters wanting to chase them out of the club. I was the same with Rhodes (he was w4nnkk though). 

• Like 2

I think we’re a passionate bunch with a lot of expectation and want to see our players/managers/club doing well. When they don’t perform or have bad attitude or whatever it is then yeah we’re on their case.

some players are suited to different clubs too so it’s frustrating when players come with hype like Rhodes and they turn out shiiiite. 
We have put up with a lot of crap the past 20 odd years.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The way some people lose their sh*t over Palmer always makes me laugh. 

Indeed. A prime example being when some people were blaming Palmer solely for Sunderland’s equaliser in the playoff second leg where the fact is that NML and Storey were equally, if not more, culpable than Palmer. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

The answer is yes.

In the same way that fans of every club believe that the refs hate them, that commentators blow smoke up the opposition, that only they bring to an end other teams' losing runs, etc. 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

23 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The way some people lose their sh*t over Palmer always makes me laugh. 

Yep, Palmer threads are a real puzzler.

For such a solidly average player (and I mean that in the true sense of the word rather than as an insult), he doesn't half elicit some strong emotions on both sides of the debate.

It's baffling, really.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, shandypants said:

It seems that we Wednesdayites are a bit self-destructive at times with our rejection of our own players. It seems that every one of our players has some real loathsome characters wanting to chase them out of the club. I was the same with Rhodes (he was w4nnkk though). 

Not on the level that’s at S6. But I believe  it’s mainly from the usual suspects that believe that we are actually a Premiership club, that a manager can click his fingers and we get promoted or even worse thought Pulis was going to be good idea. .. or Paul Cook. 
Their expectations out weigh reality and when a player doesn’t click on their debut he’s a waste of money.

However I think the majority of Owls are quite balanced, realistic, patient people

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GermanBird said:

I do feel sorry for both of our goalkeepers.

It seems like we will never forgive them the mistakes they made in the past.

I’ll never forgive Chris Woods for the FA cup reply loss and Martin Hodge letting that long range trickler under his body against Arsenal 

Edited by Rogers

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Yep. 

He's a solid 6 to 7 out of 10 performer most weeks and can play multiple positions. He's been here for over 10-years and has been picked to varying degrees by every single manager we've had during that time. He's not Trent Alexander Arnold and he never will be, but you know what you will get from him and his adaptability is a very useful asset during a 46-game league season. 

But yes, knobheadtheowl on here/Twitter knows better and will tell you that he's not even up to League One standard etc. 

I can't disagree with much of what you've written there. He's a model professional as far as I can tell and well liked in the dressing room. However, he's exactly that, he rarely makes a positive difference to the result (scored, assisted, marked a player out of the game), he's got a mistake in him and it's infuriating when you see him fail to bust a gut to get back. I see him as an above average L1 player, but not a top 2 league 1 player. I guess it depends what you are striving for. I don't mind one Palmer type in our squad, especially as hes a Wednesday fan, but I'd hope we have a team where he only makes the bench each week.  

• Like 4

12 hours ago, shandypants said:

Rotherham fans, Paul the Miller and Brian the miller, wanted Paul Warne sacked Immediately after their last relegation.

Now they want to have his Kid's, again.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, robowl4life said:

I think we’re a passionate bunch with a lot of expectation and want to see our players/managers/club doing well. When they don’t perform or have bad attitude or whatever it is then yeah we’re on their case.

some players are suited to different clubs too so it’s frustrating when players come with hype like Rhodes and they turn out shiiiite. 
We have put up with a lot of crap the past 40 odd years.

Thats better.

10 hours ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

I can't disagree with much of what you've written there. He's a model professional as far as I can tell and well liked in the dressing room. However, he's exactly that, he rarely makes a positive difference to the result (scored, assisted, marked a player out of the game), he's got a mistake in him and it's infuriating when you see him fail to bust a gut to get back. I see him as an above average L1 player, but not a top 2 league 1 player. I guess it depends what you are striving for. I don't mind one Palmer type in our squad, especially as hes a Wednesday fan, but I'd hope we have a team where he only makes the bench each week.  

For every Flair player, you need 2 Palmers to do the unseen work.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1