Muppet on Radio Sheffield

1 hour ago, Brommers said:

Get Sean Dyche in and offer him a bonus if he gets to the Premier league. 🤣

He was delusional.

He, and others, think because we are a big club with a big budget that success is automatic. We know from our history in the third tier that it's far from easy. We are a big scalp and the opposition find that extra 10% against us. Loads of big clubs haven't found getting out of this league easy.

To be fair he suggested Warne too (a top bloke IMO) but he's under nowhere near the pressure at Rotherham compared with SWFC.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 4evaowl said:

He was delusional.

He, and others, think because we are a big club with a big budget that success is automatic. We know from our history in the third tier that it's far from easy. We are a big scalp and the opposition find that extra 10% against us. Loads of big clubs haven't found getting out of this league easy.

To be fair he suggested Warne too (a top bloke IMO) but he's under nowhere near the pressure at Rotherham compared with SWFC.

Big clubs aren't in League One three times before they're back in the Premier League. Leeds, Wolves, United, Forest if they go up this season, haven't failed as abysmally as we have over the last 20+ years despite also being in League One. Idiots suggesting the likes of Dyche make us easy to laugh at 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, 4evaowl said:

He was delusional.

It's a reasonable expectation in this league of all leagues. That's why the players and managers said that at the start of the season, top spot was the aim. 

To Bannan's credit last night, he doubled down on that said it was failure not to go up in the top two and then fail in the playoffs. 

• Like 1

Guest Mcguigan

Not sure where this “big budget” claim is coming from.

Without TV money our annual revenue is likely to be down to around £11m. With the ground repayments and overall running costs of the club/training ground/academy, we’ll be loosing millions before even a players wage is paid and we can forget about transfer fees, we won’t be paying them.

League 1 is a disaster for us financially and this season was the chance to bounce straight back up a start pocketing the £8-9m Championship tv/solidarity payments again.

I fear a long spell in this division, no matter who the manager is.

Guest Jack the Hat

Why not aim high? Is the point of this thread to slag off the caller or Wednesday, I’m not sure?

13 hours ago, Brommers said:

Get Sean Dyche in and offer him a bonus if he gets to the Premier league. 🤣

If football fans who think Dyche is a good manager are muppets, I suspect there are a lot of 'muppets' about as he did a great job at Burnley 

• Like 1

This is one of the reasons Jack Charlton is so revered by older owls fans

Back in the day he was a manager on the rise after doing fantastically at Middlesbrough and yet he dropped two divisions to take over a club in free fall with no money and gates of under 10000

Its an incredible story when you think about it

The worlds changed and money has taken over. Managers talk about wanting a challenge. Most of them don’t know what a challenge is

I like Dyche a lot he has done great things at Burnley but him coming to Wednesday ain’t going to happen I don’t think. That would be his hard earned reputation on the line

In any case I’m happy with DM for now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Geedee said:

I didn't hear the radio phone in.

But I think Sean did  a great job at Burnley.

He did but he's not gonna go anywhere near us. Will be clubs queueing up for him ahead of us.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, the_who said:

If football fans who think Dyche is a good manager are muppets, I suspect there are a lot of 'muppets' about as he did a great job at Burnley 

No Dyche is an excellent manager. The point of the thread was laughing at someone being do delusional that they think he'd drop down to league 3 to manage up.

• Like 1