Muppet on Radio Sheffield

Painful listening both last night and tonight.

If he genuinely thinks Sean Dyche will come here then he's living in a fantasy world.

We also had someone texting in saying we should go and get Daniel Farke, you know that guy who's won the Championship in two of the last four seasons.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, the_who said:

I didn't say he wouldn't. The guy said no one moves from the premier to league 1 so I gave him a few names

Suggest you re-read my post. I didn't say "no one" I said that Dyche wouldn't drop down. 

4 hours ago, meggoisgod said:

The caller lee has just been back on and spoke very well. We need to think about a long term strategy 

That comment is more than fair but saying we should try and appoint a manager that everyone with any ounce of football knowledge knows isn't coming anywhere near Hillsborough is just daft.

We can all sit here and say how good a manager Dyche is, it doesn't mean he'd take the job.

21 hours ago, bradowl said:

If Dyche takes a job outside Premier League it will be at somewhere like Watford who have got parachute payments to spend on players. 

Watford appointing forest green manager....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, owl84 said:

Watford appointing forest green manager....

I didn't see that one coming. 

Maybe Dyche could end up taking Blackburn job, I'm sure that would upset the Burnley fans, especially if they still get relegated. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

That comment is more than fair but saying we should try and appoint a manager that everyone with any ounce of football knowledge knows isn't coming anywhere near Hillsborough is just daft.

We can all sit here and say how good a manager Dyche is, it doesn't mean he'd take the job.

Fair point but if you dont ask...

6 hours ago, Brommers said:

Yes, but he said he wouldn't go to a club that have fans who want their manager sacking after achieving their 4th ever highest points total.

Just think how many points we could have got if he hadn't spent half the season playing out best left winger at centre back 

Didn't we do the same with Carlo's..  Ok not quite the same as he overspent and obviously promised promotion..  However we got rid of him after not making it past the play-offs..  That has not worked out quite so well now has it...

Sunderland have been in league on for 4yrs, and there is still no guarantee they will get out this year, with Derby and Barnsley coming down next season and either Wycombe or Sunderland staying in the league it will once again not be an easy task to exit the league..  Darren Moore managed to get us into the playoffs with a rag tag bunch of players that he managed to put together for free, hopefully he will have a modest budget this season so we can keep the top performers and try to get a few diamonds to kick on and be a real force in this league...

When you look at the second half of the season and the results we got then we were automatic promotion contenders, what will be important is that we don't have the injuries we have had to endure this season and that we hit the ground running...   Bringing in a new manager now will mean it will take time to adjust and we will be back to square 1...

End of last season nobody expected an automatic return to the championship..  We have work to do...

If you still think Moore should be replaced I will say one final thing..  IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN SO MOVE ON...

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Poor or selective memory?

I think if Johnson was on the wing all season we'd have got more points. It's just my opinion and if you feel differently that's fine.

I think Dyche would do better than moore and that we've nothing to lose by approaching him. If you feel differently that's also fine 

1 hour ago, the_who said:

I think if Johnson was on the wing all season we'd have got more points. It's just my opinion and if you feel differently that's fine.

I think Dyche would do better than moore and that we've nothing to lose by approaching him. If you feel differently that's also fine 

Johnson played at LCB because we didn't have anyone else at the time, not because Moore thought he was the best in that position when he brought him to the club.

Dyche isn't going to drop down to League One and he wouldn't come anywhere near a club that is run in the way we are.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Johnson played at LCB because we didn't have anyone else at the time, not because Moore thought he was the best in that position when he brought him to the club.

Dyche isn't going to drop down to League One and he wouldn't come anywhere near a club that is run in the way we are.

He dropped Dunkley to put him there.

It had nothing to do with availability.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tewkesbury said:

He dropped Dunkley to put him there.

It had nothing to do with availability.

Or Dunkley wasn't fit enough to start so he put Johnson there.

That's before we get to the fact we're not just talking about one game but several between October and mid January.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Or Dunkley wasn't fit enough to start so he put Johnson there.

That's before we get to the fact we're not just talking about one game but several between October and mid January.

Dunkley tweeted that he was fit, it was the game he was locked out of Hillsborough. 

1 minute ago, Tewkesbury said:

Dunkley tweeted that he was fit, it was the game he was locked out of Hillsborough. 

Well that was the Plymouth game on the 15th of January.

He went off injured against Sunderland in the 5-0 on the 30th of December and didn't play again until Gillingham away on the 19th of March.

This is going away from the point slightly though, the point was that Moore didn't put Johnson there out of choice, it was through necessity.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, the_who said:

Just think how many points we could have got if he hadn't spent half the season playing out best left winger at centre back 

So who's best to judge?

1) Darren Moore, an ex professional footballer and current manager who sees players every day in training.

Or

2) The_Who, either a former 70's/80's rock band notorious for their drug habits or a local keyboard warrior.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Well that was the Plymouth game on the 15th of January.

He went off injured against Sunderland in the 5-0 on the 30th of December and didn't play again until Gillingham away on the 19th of March.

This is going away from the point slightly though, the point was that Moore didn't put Johnson there out of choice, it was through necessity.

Sorry, got them mixed up, here's the tweet from after the October 23 game v Lincoln, where he was dropped for Johnson.

6 hours ago, Brommers said:

So who's best to judge?

1) Darren Moore, an ex professional footballer and current manager who sees players every day in training.

Or

2) The_Who, either a former 70's/80's rock band notorious for their drug habits or a local keyboard warrior.

Whether or not Dyche would come here. Whose best to judge?

1. Dyche himself

2. Brommers

🤔