Muppet on Radio Sheffield

6 hours ago, Brommers said:

So who's best to judge?

1) Darren Moore, an ex professional footballer and current manager who sees players every day in training.

Or

2) The_Who, either a former 70's/80's rock band notorious for their drug habits or a local keyboard warrior.

Basically you are saying no one has the right to criticise a manager because they know best. Crazy stance.

it's fine that you'd rather have Moore than Dyche. That's your opinion just like I have mine. I'd rather see wingers on the wing and defenders in defence. You disagree which is fine and your opinion. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the_who said:

Basically you are saying no one has the right to criticise a manager because they know best. Crazy stance.

it's fine that you'd rather have Moore than Dyche. That's your opinion just like I have mine. I'd rather see wingers on the wing and defenders in defence. You disagree which is fine and your opinion. 

You can only play defenders in defence, if they’re fit and available.  A point you repeatedly keep ignoring .

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

You can only play defenders in defence, if they’re fit and available.  A point you repeatedly keep ignoring .

There was a lot of occasions where Johnson was at centre back and we had a defender on the bench. Something you appear to have ignored

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, the_who said:

There was a lot of occasions where Johnson was at centre back and we had a defender on the bench. Something you appear to have ignored

I doubt Johnson played more than half a dozen games at cb.  Results improved while he was there.  When a viable alternative was available, Johnson was moved to wb and he and the team prospered.

15 hours ago, Brommers said:

So who's best to judge?

1) Darren Moore, an ex professional footballer and current manager who sees players every day in training.

Or

2) The_Who, either a former 70's/80's rock band notorious for their drug habits or a local keyboard warrior.

For balance I find it necessary to advise that:-

1) The Who were sh!te in the ‘80’’s

2) The Who we’re sh!te in the late ‘70’s

3) The Who were superb in the 60’s (& early 70’s)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, the_who said:

You seem to have misinterpreted the main point of my OP.

I'd love it if Dyche was our manager but the reality is that it's unrealistic that he'd drop to League 1 to manage us. 

Also, we're not currently in the market for one so it's pretty immaterial raising him as an option.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brommers said:

You seem to have misinterpreted the main point of my OP.

I'd love it if Dyche was our manager but the reality is that it's unrealistic that he'd drop to League 1 to manage us. 

Also, we're not currently in the market for one so it's pretty immaterial raising him as an option.

Well its managed 4 pages of debate,so it cant be that immaterial.......course Dyche wont come here,i agree with that,but a 'Dyche' like appointment(which is the point really) as with Jack Charlton when he came,may well be whats required.

6 minutes ago, parajack said:

Well its managed 4 pages of debate,so it cant be that immaterial.......course Dyche wont come here,i agree with that,but a 'Dyche' like appointment(which is the point really) as with Jack Charlton when he came,may well be whats required.

Well if we're going to go for a "like" appointment (and if that was what the caller to RS was pointing towards - he really wasn't) then he's an even bigger muppet, as he should have suggested we approach a Gaurdiola or Klopp like manager.

6 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Well if we're going to go for a "like" appointment (and if that was what the caller to RS was pointing towards - he really wasn't) then he's an even bigger muppet, as he should have suggested we approach a Gaurdiola or Klopp like manager.

Debates moved on from that call mate,4 pages of it on here,more to come i expect.......No point talking about established PL managers at the top of their game......

Maybe a Nigel Pearson, (if things changed) or a Paul Warne might be more realistic options of people who have local connections  and  good CVs for this level/Championship

as well as Potential PL candidates....