Players who just keep playing.

Found out last night that 37 year old Leroy Lita is still plying his trade at non league Stratford. 

I would assume he doesn't really need the cash, so I would like to think he just loves playing football.

I do like looking at the lower leagues to see which old pros are still lacing up their boots.

• Like 1

Just now, Whitechapel Owl said:

I noticed the other day that 39 year old Nathan Tyson is on the books at Chesterfield, currently on loan at Alfreton Town. 

Still not forgiven him for turning us down 17 years ago.

There's a player who I had totally forgotten about. He was the bees knees at Wycombe.

1 hour ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I noticed the other day that 39 year old Nathan Tyson is on the books at Chesterfield, currently on loan at Alfreton Town. 

Still not forgiven him for turning us down 17 years ago.

He didn't turn us down 🙂

Luka Modric is 35 and still doing it for Real Madrid. Extra marks for sinking Scotland in the summer after I was reliably informed by a Scottish mate he was s**t because England beat Croatia.

Even more pleasing that the same mate bought a Croatia "Modric" shirt before we played them in the world cup semi final.

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

Luka Modric is 35 and still doing it for Real Madrid. Extra marks for sinking Scotland in the summer after I was reliably informed by a Scottish mate he was s**t because England beat Croatia.

Even more pleasing that the same mate bought a Croatia "Modric" shirt before we played them in the world cup semi final.

Why is he your mate? He sounds like a right tw8t

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Milan Baros is still knocking about. At the start of the pandemic he was playing in the Czech top flight but retired shortly after. Apparently he's come back now to play amateur football there, don't know what tier that is.

5 hours ago, HighworthOwl said:

I went to watch Madrid play for my 40th (5 years back) and Modric was just sensational that night. Never gave the ball away and just controlled the game. Possibly the best player I have ever seen in the flesh.

6 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

I went to watch Madrid play for my 40th (5 years back) and Modric was just sensational that night. Never gave the ball away and just controlled the game. Possibly the best player I have ever seen in the flesh.

Bale and Ronaldo not playing that night? 

19 hours ago, BridportOwl said:

Found out last night that 37 year old Leroy Lita is still plying his trade at non league Stratford. 

I would assume he doesn't really need the cash, so I would like to think he just loves playing football.

I do like looking at the lower leagues to see which old pros are still lacing up their boots.

Stratford Town are currently managed by Tim Flowers too. Isaiah Osbourne who we had on loan under Dave Jones or Stuart Gray plays in the same league for Nuneaton, Billy Key plays for Coalville Town in the same league. My hometown Banbury are running away with the Southern Premier Central this season, 20 points clear at the top.

• Like 3