Gibson

Seen him play fair few times in PL2 for Everton.

Thought he did really well and was among best CB's at that level. Other two players in that position that caught the eye were Max Kilman from Wolverthampton and Harwood-Bellis from Manchester City.

If He is not injury concern I would be happy to see him sign here on a long term deal, and looking how we handled his situation while He was injured it looks like We might be having him in our long term plans.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, malek said:

Seen him play fair few times in PL2 for Everton.

Thought he did really well and was among best CB's at that level. Other two players in that position that caught the eye were Max Kilman from Wolverthampton and Harwood-Bellis from Manchester City.

If He is not injury concern I would be happy to see him sign here on a long term deal, and looking how we handled his situation while He was injured it looks like We might be having him in our long term plans.

Is contract is up at the end of the season. I can't see Everton offering a new contract to a 21 y.o. who's playing L1 football.

On what I saw yesterday he would be a fantastic addition. I know there's the injury issue but I don't know if he's injury prone or just a bad season.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, daleblue said:

Cancel culture at work, grow some mate.

If you're like this after a good win then I'd advise you to step back and take a breather.

Also free extra patronising advice for you. Anyone that uses the phrase "cancel culture" has a 99% chance of pushing an agenda. Please stop reading media from anyone that uses it, your world will be a better place.

See also: social justice warrior, critical race theory, virtue signalling

• Like 1
  • Love 2

19 hours ago, HootHoot said:

This isn't the time for petty point scoring and "told you so's".

It's a forum where people possess different opinions and yes, many often prove to be in the wrong. 

However rather than focus on our win and let other fans celebrate that, you've chosen to instead take the opportunity to call one of them out and to be honest, there isn't really a need.

Against Rotherham Paterson was ineffective so its not surprising that people were calling for a change. Just so happens that him and Berahino were game changers today.

That's football. Our strikers will go on to have good games and they will go on to have bad games, all of them. 

Let's leave the bragging rights until the end of the season yeah? You may have also inadvertently set yourself up to be humbled when/if Kamberi/Sow score in the future. 

100%

• Like 2

Having options at CB is going to be important, it frees Hutch to step into midfield. I prefer him at the back but we will need cover for a Luongo/Byers injury or rotation.

Similarly it frees Palmer to cover at WB.

Makes a difference to the squad depth.

• Like 2

Hopefully can stay injury free now as we'll need him for the run in. Dunkley, Iorfa and Dean i have zero idea when they'll be back, Hutch was apparently touch and go for Donny so it'll be good to have Gibson back. No disrespect to Palmer and young Brennan, but league 1 is a physical league with a lot of set pieces and crosses, and we conceded a shed load when we had the patched up back 3 and it shows when defending crosses with Palmer and Johnson at the back as oppose to Gibson, Storey, Dean and Hutch. Fingers crossed we can get a run of games with a proper back 3, can see all the subs who came on at Donny starting tomorrow night

1 minute ago, owls101 said:

Love the fickleness of owls talk. When he got injured he was a waste of space now, after a few minutes  looking decent against Donny, he's turned into Franz beckenbauer. 😀

To be fair, he looked good!

Footy fans eh what we like . Tbf it didn’t seem like he was ever going to play . Been out since what october ? 

So from a wages / loan use point of view it was frustrating BUT he was class at donny for half hour or so. Won all his headers pretty much and had some decent distribution on the ball, getting an assist too . 
I think at reading he actually played left back a bit too .So potentially a back up option at wing back if we needed to

Must say that I'm impressed with our scouting of PL2 since Moore took over. Gibson, Corbeanu and Roberts are all really good young players and it is great to see our club spoting their talent and doing our best to bring them here. 

Hope that We will look at same market this Summer looking to improve our squad with a view to more than just next couple of seasons in mind. Only way forward for club like our. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, malek said:

Must say that I'm impressed with our scouting of PL2 since Moore took over. Gibson, Corbeanu and Roberts are all really good young players and it is great to see our club spoting their talent and doing our best to bring them here. 

Hope that We will look at same market this Summer looking to improve our squad with a view to more than just next couple of seasons in mind. Only way forward for club like our. 

Agree this is the way we should go.

Can you give me some more information on Roberts ??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

Let’s just see how he progress's this season before offering him a long term contract after a 30 minute cameo against the bottom team in league 1. 

Just in time for someone else to pop in and steal him. Lovely. 

7 minutes ago, S72 Owl said:

Rather that than be stuck with a player on a long contract that’s not quite as good as first thought. 

At 21. I’ve seen enough of him already to see he’s at least good enough at this level. Hardly like he’s 28-29 and looking for a payday is it ? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Agree this is the way we should go.

Can you give me some more information on Roberts ??

Watched him play just couple of times, but he left good impression and I know He is highly rated at Brighton. Not the biggest CB, but aggressive, quick and solid on the ball. Can play LB as well as CB

I've seen him play in flat 4-4-2, but looks much more suited for our system with 3 CB's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edwinowl said:

At 21. I’ve seen enough of him already to see he’s at least good enough at this level. Hardly like he’s 28-29 and looking for a payday is it ? 

How much have you seen of him?

This season he’s played;

45 minutes against a league 2 team.

45 minutes in the league at Hilsborough where he played poorly and nearly cost us a goal in the first 2 minutes. 

And 30 minutes against bottom of the league where he didn’t need to defend. 

Oh and he only managed 13 games last season due to injury.