Gibson

I think the way we’ve kept with him he will be our player next year 

just got a feeling it’s already agreed but we couldn’t pay the fee this year does anyone know when his contracts up? 

Not seen enough of him but he’s physical and aggressive and I like that from a centre back all three subs did well today they changed the game  

• Like 9

First, he played really well at the back.

But more importantly he transformed us attacking up the left.

It shows the huge benefit of having a left-footed defender. First half Johnson might as well have stayed on the team bus. Second half once Gibson came on he saw far more of the ball and just destroyed Donny.

Gibson has to start next game.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

He’s out of contract at the end of the year but we’d have to pay compo. His talent hasn’t really been the question it’s been his fitness. Under 21 caps and when he has played (yes sparingly) he’s looked the part. Hope we sign him if he can stay fit.

As far as I know, we'd only have to pay compo if Everton offered him a new deal and he turned it down to come to us. If they release him, anyone can sign him for free. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kristmace said:

As far as I know, we'd only have to pay compo if Everton offered him a new deal and he turned it down to come to us. If they release him, anyone can sign him for free. 

Surely it makes sense for them to offer him something just for that reason ?? But your correct 

18 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

First, he played really well at the back.

But more importantly he transformed us attacking up the left.

It shows the huge benefit of having a left-footed defender. First half Johnson might as well have stayed on the team bus. Second half once Gibson came on he saw far more of the ball and just destroyed Donny.

Gibson has to start next game.

Like Kamberi and Sow?

You're a bit of a joke mate.

I quite like Palmer in the back 3, he gets forward well and is competent defensively.

Against the better teams I think you go with better defensive players but against the weaker teams Palmer has something to give.

Edited by deano
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, kristmace said:

Yes this how I thought the rules are. Don't know how highly Everton rate him and if he's in their plans. If not they won't  offer him a contract and release him and we could pick him up for free. If they offer him a contract and he signs we would have to look at getting him on loan again next year unless Everton under a new manager want to have a proper look.