Gibson

46 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

This isn't the time for petty point scoring and "told you so's".

It's a forum where people possess different opinions and yes, many often prove to be in the wrong. 

However rather than focus on our win and let other fans celebrate that, you've chosen to instead take the opportunity to call one of them out and to be honest, there isn't really a need.

Against Rotherham Paterson was ineffective so its not surprising that people were calling for a change. Just so happens that him and Berahino were game changers today.

That's football. Our strikers will go on to have good games and they will go on to have bad games, all of them. 

Let's leave the bragging rights until the end of the season yeah? You may have also inadvertently set yourself up to be humbled when/if Kamberi/Sow score in the future. 

One word for you Son,

patronising.

Not nice isit.

:duntmatter:

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

I’ll take my hat off to you if you’ve stated you’d have started either Berahino or Paterson up top today.

But you didn’t, did you?

For the record I (like many posters) thought starting Kamberi and Sow was the better option to start the game. They are after all the  ones with the best scoring record out of our available strikers. As it goes Darren Moore also agreed and started them. I also said at half time how depressed I was that our only options to turn the game around were Paterson and Berahino! Berahino has been trash up until, today and although I actually really like Paterson his goals have been few and far between! And then they came on and showed the starting pair how it’s done! 

To be honest, that’s why football is great. Expectations get confounded all of the time. I love it!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Our defence with no injuries is immense - hopefully by end of year Moore is gonna have a massive headache choosing them

He will only have 50% fit and available at best - think the headache won't be having too many to select from. Loans will return at the end of the season, Iorfa and Dunks will be released.

5 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

I really liked the look of him when he came on.

Just think, on Tuesday night we could have a back line of Gibson, Hutch and Storey.

With iorfa, dunks brennan and dean as cover !!! Ruddy hell, when everyones fit weve got an unbelievable back 3!

Id hate to have to choose our back 3 from that lot

• Like 1

4 hours ago, daleblue said:

Cancel culture at work, grow some mate.

I mean, you're trying to justify using passive aggressive language towards another forum member. That's weak. It's not cancel culture, it's calling out someone for their poor behaviour, if you can't take responsibility for it, you're beyond growing a pair. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Moore spoke about Gibson for 30 seconds and twice made the same point, that he gives us balance.

I think this is such an important point. For 70 minutes we’d dominated and looked solid at the back. But, we’d been pretty much one-sided. We’d used the capable Hunt rather than the brilliant Johnson. As soon as Gibson came on that changed - we went thru Doncaster time and time again wide left, and when Johnson is given so much ball with colleagues around him he’s lethal.

I really liked what we saw with the left-footed Gibson on. TBF Berahino naturally favours the left hand side so Gibson-Berahino-Johnson looked seriously dangerous.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Like 1

Guest Musttryharder
15 hours ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Probably pre planned to give him 20 mins today,  would expect similar on Tuesday.

Makes you wonder if Hutch is going to be out longer than expectted. We dont do 'players out for 2 weeksd' its always months.

14 hours ago, trev said:

Our squad is actually ridiculous for this league if everyone was and could stay fit.

But...as we all know...that is never happening.

Just trying to think of our best 11 on paper...

BPF

RWB - MENDEZ-LAING

RCB  - STOREY

CB - DEAN

LCB - HUTCH

LWB  - JOHNSON

LCM - BYERS

DCM - LUONGO

RCM - BANNAN

ST - WINDASS

ST - GREGORY

Bench:

Wildsmith

Iorfa

Gibson

Hunt

Adeniran

Patterson

Kamberi 

Completely agree with you mate, the only thing that needs addressing now is the striker situation I think? Gregory is ace but is nearing the end of his career & Josh is having an awful lot of injury issues at the moment.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 0742 said:

I mean, you're trying to justify using passive aggressive language towards another forum member. That's weak. It's not cancel culture, it's calling out someone for their poor behaviour, if you can't take responsibility for it, you're beyond growing a pair. 

Aw diddums, has someone upset you. 

Guest Musttryharder
13 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

He will only have 50% fit and available at best - think the headache won't be having too many to select from. Loans will return at the end of the season, Iorfa and Dunks will be released.

Yep I agree. we cant be extending contracts out to Dunkley, Iorfa or even Windass. They are not our best players if they spend most of the season in the treatment froom. I use the word 'treatment' lightly.

If they were ever all fit, the depth we have in the CB positions is ridiculous tbh.

I mean you've got six or seven players there who would be first choice at a number of teams in this division  and would get in some Championship sides too. 

God knows what Moore does if he ever finds himself in a position where all of them are fit and available.

• Like 1