Gibson

6 minutes ago, deano said:

I quite like Palmer in the back 3, he gets forward well and is competent defensively.

Against the better teams I think you go with better defensive players but against the weaker teams Palmer has something to give.

Definitely, I like him in that back 3. He's probably a better fit now in this formation than he would be at RWB. I also think looking at how Gibson slotted in on the left he has to play and give us that balance being left footed.

Just now, edwinowl said:

Hindsight’s a wonderful thing don’t you think ? 

It is, but the bloke has been a constant bore about having these two upfront, leave it to the Manager who can see

whats happening in training, Moore got it wrong and changed both at half time, which says a lot.

• Like 1

Just now, daleblue said:

It is, but the bloke has been a constant bore about having these two upfront, leave it to the Manager who can see

whats happening in training, Moore got it wrong and changed both at half time, which says a lot.

I’ll take my hat off to you if you’ve stated you’d have started either Berahino or Paterson up top today.

But you didn’t, did you?

• Like 2

Gibson looks quality. Big unit, good in the air and very comfortable on the ball.  Him and Storey really do look a class above. 

If we get to the play offs they would be the basis of a very good defence. Dean Dunkley or Hutch would be great for the third.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Definitely, I like him in that back 3. He's probably a better fit now in this formation than he would be at RWB. I also think looking at how Gibson slotted in on the left he has to play and give us that balance being left footed.

Also, Palmer got forward up the right and put over 3 or 4 lovely early crosses. 

Gibson left and Palmer right gave us a far better balance.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I think the way we’ve kept with him he will be our player next year 

just got a feeling it’s already agreed but we couldn’t pay the fee this year does anyone know when his contracts up? 

Not seen enough of him but he’s physical and aggressive and I like that from a centre back all three subs did well today they changed the game  

He’s been injured for months, course he’ll be our player lol 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Also, Palmer got forward up the right and put over 3 or 4 lovely early crosses. 

Gibson left and Palmer right gave us a far better balance.

I'd like to see this going forward , who goes central though when we have Dean,Hutch,Dunkley and Iorfa back and also not forgetting Storey.

53 minutes ago, daleblue said:

But would you have started with Berahino because I wouldn’t 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, daleblue said:

This isn't the time for petty point scoring and "told you so's".

It's a forum where people possess different opinions and yes, many often prove to be in the wrong. 

However rather than focus on our win and let other fans celebrate that, you've chosen to instead take the opportunity to call one of them out and to be honest, there isn't really a need.

Against Rotherham Paterson was ineffective so its not surprising that people were calling for a change. Just so happens that him and Berahino were game changers today.

That's football. Our strikers will go on to have good games and they will go on to have bad games, all of them. 

Let's leave the bragging rights until the end of the season yeah? You may have also inadvertently set yourself up to be humbled when/if Kamberi/Sow score in the future. 

Our squad is actually ridiculous for this league if everyone was and could stay fit.

But...as we all know...that is never happening.

Just trying to think of our best 11 on paper...

BPF

RWB - MENDEZ-LAING

RCB  - STOREY

CB - DEAN

LCB - HUTCH

LWB  - JOHNSON

LCM - BYERS

DCM - LUONGO

RCM - BANNAN

ST - WINDASS

ST - GREGORY

Bench:

Wildsmith

Iorfa

Gibson

Hunt

Adeniran

Patterson

Kamberi 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mike Hunt said:

Thought it was a strange sub at the time given his lack of games but he was superb 

When I saw him warming up I was about to type ‘why are putting a defender on to chase a game’. Then Paterson scored and the rest his history.