Gary Neville Derby Interview

Guest FoxOwl12

27 minutes ago, El Wednesday said:

Remember, this lot have TOTALLY got working-class Sheffielders' backs... 

20220123_201311.thumb.jpg.d9c80087d6645e804a6d02ed10b03540.jpg.461d03c16a4b938347eb490904996c82.jpg

Well .....

in all fairness he posts the matchday thread on a Sheffield Wednesday fans forum every game , so I'd say he does have some of us working class Sheffielders at heart .......

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Joe Jockstrap said:

I think if you even took a cursory look at a lot of clubs’ accounts it would horrify fans.

Derby are the tip of the iceberg and I’m sure there are many more in the same boat or soon to be in it.

Far too late now but wage caps should have been introduced years ago, along with any dodgy bonuses. If the wage cap for Prem was say £10 to £15K per week that would be it, no million pound house or yacht thrown in, a simply salary and nothing more. If you were found to be fiddling the rules you get a points deduction not a fine. 

I sound like an old man but the wages and transfer fees are quite simply obscene. I don’t blame the players but some League 1 and probably all Championship players earning more than a surgeon who actually saves lives, again obscene. Yes I know they are paid big bucks for their skills in what is essentially a small market of choice but come on.

I’m sure I read that Sala wants £400K a week and that won’t make him the highest paid player in the world, I hate to think who is. 

Don’t even start me on parachute payments 😡😡😡 

Robert Lewandoski earns £351,000 a week according to Salary Sport - not sure how true of a reflection that is

I'm only going on 2020 earnings as Gareth Bale was earning approximately £500,000 a week

Its funny that Lewandoski earns that amount of money but yet football ticket prices are affordable in Germany

https://salarysport.com/

I'm not sure if they're all up to date and how genuine they are 

I've never been bothered enough to look into it but I'm convinced that the ridiculously cheap tickets thing in Germany is a myth.

I went to see 1860 Munich about 10 years ago when they were in Bundesliga 2 and my ticket was 28 Euros, that was for a seat high up behind the goal. 

1 hour ago, Dronfield Blue said:

Which part of high treason have the above named committed?

Offences constituting high treason include plotting the murder of the sovereign; committing adultery with the sovereign's consort, with the sovereign's eldest unmarried daughter, or with the wife of the heir to the throne; levying war against the sovereign and adhering to the sovereign's enemies, giving them aid or comfort; and attempting to undermine the lawfully established line of succession. Several other crimes have historically been categorised as high treason, including counterfeiting money and being a Catholic priest.[1]

It's the priest isn't it? Got pictures?

Let's be realistic about this I put Boris Johnson at the top of the list. Possibly the second and probably the third and fourth in your list look right up his street.

Just now, Kopparberg said:

Yeah so what about that Gary Neville Derby Interview eh…? 

It was good / bad wasn’t it 

:duntmatter:

It was pretty good and largely spot on... but he's worth a few bob so you know. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Thanks 1

Guest FoxOwl12
13 hours ago, the mighty wednesday said:

I don't see these freedom fighters stepping up to make anybody's life better - just the opposite.

Boris Johnson, Jacob Rees Mogg, Steve Baker, Mark Francois, Andrew Bridgen, Ian Duncan Smith, Rishi Sunak, Priti Patel, Nigel Farage, Dominic Raab, Matt Hancock, Owen Paterson, Sir Jim Ratcliffe, Tommy Robinson, Dominic Cummings, Robert Jenrick, and many more - too many to mention.

I think the last people to be sentenced to be hung drawn and quartered for high treason were the Chartists in about 1839. It would be some small justice if some of the above found themselves facing a charge of high treason in the not too distant.

Don't know about the Chartists, but I do know about that excuse for a human being Tony Blair. See he's not on your list. Indirectly responsible for the killing of hundreds of thousands men women and CHILDREN.

I think one of the worst things to happen to football in the 21st Century is when Mega, Mega Rich people from abroad starting taking over English Football clubs. This was basically for ego or 'Sports Washing' reasons.

Think this has been to the detriment of the heritage of the game.

When Roman Abramovich took over Chelsea and they started to dominate because of they financial advantage it lead to other clubs having to find a rich Billionaire sugar Daddy to be able to compete. 
Think this has had the knock on effect of clubs having to gamble to try and join the Premier League and with the amount of money at stake a failed gamble could send a club to the wall.

If Derby survive you feel this time next year it will be some other club instead.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HullOwlPhil said:

I've never been bothered enough to look into it but I'm convinced that the ridiculously cheap tickets thing in Germany is a myth.

I went to see 1860 Munich about 10 years ago when they were in Bundesliga 2 and my ticket was 28 Euros, that was for a seat high up behind the goal. 

You're right. I think there are a limited amount of cheap tickets / season tickets, but by and large they're not far off many English clubs' prices.

I went to Hamburg in the second tier a few years ago and it worked out about £30 each. 

• Thanks 1