Danny Bath

37 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Reports Sunderland are set to announce the Batth signing. Gutted. Would have loved him back here. Can’t really blame him though. 

So much for the dozens of posts and arguing about him travelling, moving, commuting....  shows it has nothing to do with location really....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Honestly! It's nice to have a history but it's just that, history. 

There's no harm in accepting we're not a big club anymore. 

If we aren't a big club then Sunderland aren't either,  both in league 1, both on the decline, what makes them currently bigger than us? We will sell out every away allocation this season just as they probably will. 

Guest Jack the Hat
3 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Honestly! It's nice to have a history but it's just that, history. 

There's no harm in accepting we're not a big club anymore. 

As opposed to Sunderland who last won a trophy in 1973. Both clubs success is  historical. I don't remember them playing in Europe in my life or ever being in the top 5. Until they got promoted to the prem, roughly when we went down they used to get much lower crowds. I would say we are similar sized clubs. OK they are currently getting higher crowds now, but then they are a one club city and should do. I would say we are similar sized clubs. I don't think of Sunderland as a big club.

2 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

If we aren't a big club then Sunderland aren't either,  both in league 1, both on the decline, what makes them currently bigger than us? We will sell out every away allocation this season just as they probably will. 

Who cares 

Sunderland are Sunderland, we’re Sheffield Wednesday 

Pay the most £££ get the players, if people think football is about owt else these days there delusional 

Just now, s29wfc said:

The fact they have a bigger stadium, bigger fanbase, better training facilities, have been in the Prem more recently than ourselves

Sunderland are a bigger club in every way

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Who cares 

Sunderland are Sunderland, we’re Sheffield Wednesday 

Pay the most £££ get the players, if people think football is about owt else these days there delusional 

Who's saying i care? It's a forum, you know a place where you discuss things.

Just now, s29wfc said:

Who's saying i care? It's a forum, you know a place where you discuss things.

It’s been discussed to death, and it’s boring and tedious every single time it crops up 

1 minute ago, IWEDFM said:

The fact they have a bigger stadium, bigger fanbase, better training facilities, have been in the Prem more recently than ourselves

Sunderland are a bigger club in every way

Absolute tosh, neither of us have won anything since 91, we are both big clubs in our own right with the fan bases but you can't say one is bigger than the other. We're a 2 club city for starters plus there's eff all else to do in Sunderland 

3 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Absolute tosh, neither of us have won anything since 91, we are both big clubs in our own right with the fan bases but you can't say one is bigger than the other. We're a 2 club city for starters plus there's eff all else to do in Sunderland 

Whats that got to do with how big the club is?

You were doing so well until then....  😉

12 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Crowds from the two Wednesday v Sunderland games this season:

Wednesday 3-0 Sunderland - 23,731

Sunderland 5-0 Wednesday - 34,652

16 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Bigger, better ground. Bigger crowds. Better training ground. Better academy. Won more in their history than us. 

2 minutes ago, HopefulOwl said:

Whats that got to do with how big the club is?

You were doing so well until then....  😉

I was kinda getting at there's nowt else to do apart from go to the footy hence the decent fan base 😆

23 minutes ago, Jack the Hat said:

As opposed to Sunderland who last won a trophy in 1973. Both clubs success is  historical. I don't remember them playing in Europe in my life or ever being in the top 5. Until they got promoted to the prem, roughly when we went down they used to get much lower crowds. I would say we are similar sized clubs. OK they are currently getting higher crowds now, but then they are a one club city and should do. I would say we are similar sized clubs. I don't think of Sunderland as a big club.

Poor do when you’ve got to go back to before Danny Batth was born to make an argument we’re a similar sized club.

We haven’t averaged over 30k since the 1960s, they’ve regularly averaged over 40k since the stadium of light was opened and are still getting 30k+ crowds in league 1.

When was the last year we had a higher average gate than Sunderland?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

Sunderland are getting 30k crowds in league one after 3 seasons there, I'm not sure we could muster that in the championship.