Danny Bath

Just now, Ian said:

Good point.  I never realised that, in order of time, that he couldnt 

1) stay in a hotel

2) rent somewhere here

3) move house

He has a young family pal.

I don't think he'll staying away from them for 6 months.

I also don't think he would be looking to uproot them for 6 months before he has to move again.

In any case it isn't too uncommon for footballers to travel every day. Bannan lived in Birmingham still until recently for example.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I also don't think he would be looking to uproot them for 6 months before he has to move again.

In any case it isn't too uncommon for footballers to travel every day. Bannan lived in Birmingham still until recently for example.

The point was originally about his roots in the Midlands not Stoke and why, if we gave him a 3 year contract, would he move again after 6 months.

I have absolutely no idea on this but I wouldnt be surprised if he still lives around Wolverhampton and commutes to Stoke.....so the choice is. if he doesnt want to move, stay commuting to Stoke and not play or play for us and commute to Sheffield. Either way Stoke to Sheffield doesnt come in to it if that is the case

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

The point was originally about his roots in the Midlands not Stoke and why, if we gave him a 3 year contract, would he move again after 6 months.

I have absolutely no idea on this but I wouldnt be surprised if he still lives around Wolverhampton and commutes to Stoke.....so the choice is. if he doesnt want to move, stay commuting to Stoke and not play or play for us and commute to Sheffield. Either way Stoke to Sheffield doesnt come in to it if that is the case

Well it all depends what we offer him, if we indeed do. Chances are it won't be more than 18 months  could also only be 6 if we basically just take over stoke contract or take him on loan and stoke happy to release him come June.

His location on twitter if that is anything to go by is Dudley, so very well could still be there.

3 hours ago, shandypants said:

Travelling between Sheffield and Stoke is an absolute pig of a journey. 

If the weather is kind, its a lovely drive through Castleton and over Winnets pass to drop down to Stoke, or through Buxton. 

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

3 hours ago, s29wfc said:

Why would it mean Iorfa is leaving ? Apart from Hutchinson (and we know what his fitness record is like) we have zero fit CBs. We need Batth plus 1 more if anything.

Iorfa has just bought a house in Sheffield after previously renting, I think he is happy here longer term.

Bannan has lived in Sheffield, not Birmingham, for years. Although he has recently moved to Nottingham.

A major part of a footballer's life is about upheaval or long travel. Who wouldnt upheave for a £300K-£500K a year contract.

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
9 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

i don’t get what your point is?? We know he wasn’t our player.

He was quality that season and he should have been signed permanently the following season.

My joke is a bit to deep 🙂

10 hours ago, darra said:

Dom Howson on twitter 

Batth was a hugely popular figure during the Owls’ promotion-winning season a decade ago.

He is in the final six months of his Stoke contract.

Would be a great signing for #SWFC if they could get that it over the line. 🦉⚽

From a stoke fan

Batth has never let Stoke down. He's an excellent role model and professional. I hope he signs for you and helps you into the playoffs.

Never go back they say

Guest mrbluesky
6 hours ago, Rotherham Owl said:

Iorfa has just bought a house in Sheffield after previously renting, I think he is happy here longer term.

Bannan has lived in Sheffield, not Birmingham, for years. Although he has recently moved to Nottingham.

A major part of a footballer's life is about upheaval or long travel. Who wouldnt upheave for a £300K-£500K a year contract.

I'm not ITK, but I drive past his house most days of the week in Sheffield, unless it's his lookalike holding a baby lol

#Stalkeralert!