Danny Bath

Can see Palmer keeping his place and with hutch and iorfa being a bit delicate those to being rotated 

it’s certainly a good pool of centre back options we could realistically looking at being available by mid feb in the thick of that horrible contested fixture list 

Brennan, Palmer, Johnson, iorfa, Hutchinson, Batth 

that should keep the fatigue down surely 

bring on 10 games in 31 days 

4 hours ago, s29wfc said:

I thought Moore said Iorfa is back training with the lads and in contention for next week? 

where u heard that? ive not heard owt lately . think we need to plan the season without iorfa and dunkley both car crashes regards keeping fit . 

Dunkley is a write off for me am afraid,  on form he’s a top defender at this level I don’t doubt him whatsoever 

But we cannot build a side around him with his fitness issues,  harsh but true ,  Dom Iorfa is a championship player and one I don’t expect to be here next season if we don’t go back up but again in all honesty we can’t build around him if he can’t prove his fitness 

3 hours ago, PTLiam said:

I think you've just got to go with who's doing the best job at the time mate & like I said previously, I thought Iorfa was having abit of a nightmare before his injury.

On paper your spot on though. 

Iorfa struggled in most games, he just wasn't the same player he used to be, odd glimpse of his quality but not much more. I said so at the time and got ridiculed.

It maybe he was never properly fit or he was carrying an injury. Whatever, it doesn't matter, we all want him back at his very best because he was superb.

• Like 2

Some big decisions to be made in the summer? Hutch for me should never play anywhere else than cb looks assured less reckless and should make him less prone to injury rather than charging around in front of back 4? I’d give him another yr if he stays fit playing there? Dunkley for me is steady at this level. Above his level in championship and unfortunately his injury record getting worse than hutch! Iorfa if fit is a beast but now we getting to the point where if someone comes in with decent money do you stick or twist? Personally think I’d sell cus once players start with hamstring they always seem to go again ? Batth for me would be a couple for this level and still a steady performer at the level above. But hats off to Liam palmer who has been very consistent in a position that is not really his! Let’s hope the deal for danny boy gets done cus I really think it would make a big difference to have a commanding figure for us that is able to head the ball away consistently 

I wouldn't write Dinkley or Iorfa off yet, or Hutch for that matter. We've been short of CB's all season so they have probably played too many minutes too quickly and too often and broken down, If we bring in reinforcements they can all have games out to stop them getting over worked.

It might just give them a chance to get to full fitness over an extended period.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Dunkley is a write off for me am afraid,  on form he’s a top defender at this level I don’t doubt him whatsoever 

But we cannot build a side around him with his fitness issues,  harsh but true ,  Dom Iorfa is a championship player and one I don’t expect to be here next season if we don’t go back up but again in all honesty we can’t build around him if he can’t prove his fitness 

Only Wednesday would sign a player with Iorfa’s injury record.

15 minutes ago, prowl said:

I wouldn't write Dinkley or Iorfa off yet, or Hutch for that matter. We've been short of CB's all season so they have probably played too many minutes too quickly and too often and broken down, If we bring in reinforcements they can all have games out to stop them getting over worked.

It might just give them a chance to get to full fitness over an extended period.

Hutchinson,  to be honest , I don’t even put him in same category as Chey and Dom in terms of questioning wether we build anything around them or there long term worth to the club,  I’d not renew Dunkleys contract and I’d probably let Iorfa leave if he does get back fit and attracts any reasonable offer 

Hes gonna have his injury issues Hutch, we know all about it , it has to be managed like you say , because for me he is part of fixtures and fittings and so important to our club 

Should be skipper as well,  people will have their opinions etc , but that’s my honest feeling 

3 hours ago, prowl said:

Iorfa struggled in most games, he just wasn't the same player he used to be, odd glimpse of his quality but not much more. I said so at the time and got ridiculed.

It maybe he was never properly fit or he was carrying an injury. Whatever, it doesn't matter, we all want him back at his very best because he was superb.

I said the same mate. When Dunkley was getting stick earlier in the season, I thought that Iorfa was just bad, if not worse in some games.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Only Wednesday would sign a player with Iorfa’s injury record.

Not sure what previous injuries you're referring to. 

The year before he signed for us he was on loan at Ipswich where he was in the first 11 or on the bench 34/46 league games. 

The two seasons prior to that at Wolves he was involved 30/46 and 45/46 times. 

At least 4 of those missing games was suspensions. Even if all the other gaps are injuries, that's hardly a major red flag. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, kristmace said:

Not sure what previous injuries you're referring to. 

The year before he signed for us he was on loan at Ipswich where he was in the first 11 or on the bench 34/46 league games. 

The two seasons prior to that at Wolves he was involved 30/46 and 45/46 times. 

At least 4 of those missing games was suspensions. Even if all the other gaps are injuries, that's hardly a major red flag. 

I think he means only Wednesday would sign a player with Iorfa's current injury record.

ie - nobody else will want to take him off us.

9 minutes ago, Triple O said:

Gutted if true!

Him (or even Flint in fact) are the type of no nonsense defender/leader we need at the back. Hope we can match their bid and hope that the good memories of Wednesday are enough to bring him back.