Danny Bath

Merson got the train from London to Middlesborough every day. I'm sure the club could come to some sort of compromise with his travelling if they felt he was important enough to us. I dare say that they even have an agreement with hotels that he could travel a couple of days and lodge a couple of days.

He'd be absolutely class in league 1, a back 3 of him, hutch and palmer/johnson would be very good at this level. Think we can forget Dunkley and Iorfa for the foreseeable, rather get players in who can actually play a long spell of games than the injury prone mob we usually recruit. Start planning for the second half of the season with a new centre back because i doubt we'll see them 2 for the next few months

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

He'd be absolutely class in league 1, a back 3 of him, hutch and palmer/johnson would be very good at this level. Think we can forget Dunkley and Iorfa for the foreseeable, rather get players in who can actually play a long spell of games than the injury prone mob we usually recruit. Start planning for the second half of the season with a new centre back because i doubt we'll see them 2 for the next few months

I thought Moore said Iorfa is back training with the lads and in contention for next week? 

30 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Iorfa / Danny / Sam - be a brilliant back 3.  With Palmer / Dunkley / Brennan as cover.

Lets go..

Palmers been the most consistant player this season. Makes ya wonder what some people watch. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Doctor Duran said:

agree with that - he's not a CB though..  Can see him realistically filling in for Iorfa tho for most of the season.

He is this season. 

Keeps his place for me. Iorfa was abit dodgy before he got injured, no need to rush him back if we sign Batth. Hutch will obviously not be ever present and will have spells out the side so Iorfa will get his go. 

34 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

I'm not arguing tho..  Palmer has been very good.

On paper Iorfa / Bath / Hutch as the 3 CB looks good.  

Only problem with playing 3 centre backs is, against a team with 2 out and out wingers you get overrun as wing backs get caught out on the breaks.

Depends on the opposition, therefore sometimes it will be a back 4 for me, 2 full backs and 2 centre backs.

Can't always play with a 3 centre back set up.

24 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Only problem with playing 3 centre backs is, against a team with 2 out and out wingers you get overrun as wing backs get caught out on the breaks.

Depends on the opposition, therefore sometimes it will be a back 4 for me, 2 full backs and 2 centre backs.

Can't always play with a 3 centre back set up.

Agree entirely,  not too sure Darren Moore does though 

2 hours ago, PTLiam said:

Palmers been the most consistant player this season. Makes ya wonder what some people watch. 

I agree he has, but I wouldn't pick him ahead of either Iorfa, Batth or Hutchinson in a back 3.

15 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I agree he has, but I wouldn't pick him ahead of either Iorfa, Batth or Hutchinson in a back 3.

I think you've just got to go with who's doing the best job at the time mate & like I said previously, I thought Iorfa was having abit of a nightmare before his injury.

On paper your spot on though. 

• Like 4