Bannan

He was poor for 60 minutes today, trying to force everything and played a number of poor passes. Again highlights our dependency on him, when he doesn’t play well we’re much much worse.

Last 30 minutes was a different story, ran the show. I’m desperate for him to shoot more though, how many times does he get the ball on the edge of the box and looked for yet another pass? Just needs to pull the trigger! 

• Like 2

Bannan last night for some of you stattos:

Tackles: 0 

Interceptions: 0

Clearances: 1

Dribbles: 0

Headers: 0

Shots on Target 0 from 3 attempts

Pass Success: 82%

That’s the type of commanding CM performance I expect from the best midfielder in the league. If only we had 3 of him in midfield, the opposition would be in trouble then 😕 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Like many others have said, difficult to play well when you're surrounded by so much $hite. At the same time though, I think it was his worst performance for us for a long time. It wasn't even the speculative balls, but even the simple passes to the CB's which he was missing at times. If anyone is allowed an off day it's definitely him, it's just multiplied by 1000 when the rest of the team don't step up to lighten the burden on him. We have alot bigger issues than Bannan.

Guest Willow Owl
20 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

For assists you need players to finish the move off

Agree with this 100%, Still by far our best player. 

Guest Willow Owl
27 minutes ago, Ian said:

We've played 4 games without Bannan this season

And took 12 points from those 4 games

make of that what you want

Won one in the league, rest were in the chicken supreme trophy. 
On that basis we’ve also won more points than that without Farrell, Hutchinson, Iorfa,  Dunckley, Adeniran, luongo etc.

Just saying 🤔

On 02/01/2022 at 17:09, TrickyTrev said:

Ran himself into the ground today, not really his fault when he’s surrounded by players who either don’t give a s**t or aren’t very good.

Wing and Adenarin were useless today and as good as Bannan is, it’s not great when you’re relying on him to carry the rest of the midfield more often than not.

One of the very few Wednesday players who left the pitch today with any credit.

Spot on! Barry Bannan is possibly the very least of our problems right now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Willow Owl said:

Won one in the league, rest were in the chicken supreme trophy. 
On that basis we’ve also won more points than that without Farrell, Hutchinson, Iorfa,  Dunckley, Adeniran, luongo etc.

Just saying 🤔

And your point is what?…..we play the majority of matches without most of those you’ve mentioned anyway and this thread isn’t about them either 

Guest Willow Owl
9 minutes ago, Ian said:

And your point is what?…..we play the majority of matches without most of those you’ve mentioned anyway and this thread isn’t about them either 

My point is, bringing the Papa Johns into an already ridiculous argument is just as ridiculous. 

54 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

My point is, bringing the Papa Johns into an already ridiculous argument is just as ridiculous. 

Ok we’ll leave the papa John’s out of it

we have won 100% of league games played this season with out Bannan.

that ok?

Edited by Ian

13 hours ago, Philb125 said:

Bannan last night for some of you stattos:

Tackles: 0 

Interceptions: 0

Clearances: 1

Dribbles: 0

Headers: 0

Shots on Target 0 from 3 attempts

Pass Success: 82%

That’s the type of commanding CM performance I expect from the best midfielder in the league. If only we had 3 of him in midfield, the opposition would be in trouble then 😕 

I am a big fan but if we can get owt for him and guarantee a bit of quality to replace him,it may be time to go,but let's be honest is anybody interested in having him,still on BIG wages...

• Thanks 1

The massive problem with Bazza..isn’t his crap set pieces..or the fact he scores about 4 goals a season..he’s easily good enough to start every game for us..it’s his influence at the club ...until he’s gone the culture at swfc will never change...Moore is safe in his job..until bazza decides it’s time for a change

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, Ian said:

Ok we’ll leave the papa John’s out of it

we have won 100% of league games played this season with out Bannan.

that ok?

Game not games