Bannan

1 minute ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Wing was better than Bannan today.

No he wasn’t.

Wing was ok. Had our two best (only?) efforts.

But Bannan was still our best of a bad bunch. Thought Dele improved us. What has happened to Dennis?

Bannan will have more good games than bad, but he would be more effective in a settled team and playing in an advanced midfield position.

Our set up and tactics mean he often plays far too deep where he can't influence a game as much.

A good manager would realize all this, as well as realizing we are not Bayern Munich and understanding that the key to this league is a) to work hard to close teams down and force mistakes, and b) to get the ball forward quickly to keep teams on the back foot.

Edited by Daz
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

I'm presuming you've either not seen the match, not seen us play for a long time or arn't right clever.

So i'll just give you the benefit of your sh@tposting/trolling and over reactionary posts.

But to be honest your not contributing much.

I'm serious 

When Newcastle get relegated they'll sign bannan because he is the best player outside the premier league 

The magpies will love his corners and 180 turns back to the goalkeeper 

• Haha 2

He'll get hammered because expectations are high of him.

He's good but you have to question the thought process of retaining him on top end championship wages.

We've a severely limited budget. Even if he singlehandedly got us up towards the top ... what if he gets injuries?

It makes no sense.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Holmowl said:

No he wasn’t.

Wing was ok. Had our two best (only?) efforts.

But Bannan was still our best of a bad bunch. Thought Dele improved us. What has happened to Dennis?

Your the stats man, go check.

BB was poor.

His choice of passing in the first half was poor. It wasn't much better in the second.

We can criticise BB when it's warranted.

• Like 9

Just now, Luke said:

I'm serious 

When Newcastle get relegated they'll sign bannan because he is the best player outside the premier league 

Honestly mate, I thought sarcasm was the funniest thing when I was 15 and was hanging around the shops.

Takes time but you grow out of it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Luke said:

Best player in the league....

Is he possible the worst captain we have ever had, I think we have had more spineless performance over the last few seasons, with him as captain than any other captain I can remember, in my 40+ years of watching the Owls.

A captain leads by example,the only place he is leading us, is into another relegation scrap.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

I'm serious 

That post is like a post from someone who's just had their first ever pint of lager and has wobbled over to his mates to try and say summat right funny

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop